all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed Little Kid Running - Exhaustion

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

dmaxashman

Level 5 Valued Member
Yesterday I went to the track for running and brought my kid along. He's almost four. So naturally he wanted to run around and chase me and copy what I did. He ran more than I thought he would. I'm concerned he won't know his limits and will run too much until he makes himself sick or causes some sort of serious medical problem related to heat exhaustion. How possible is this? Naturally I gave him steady water and told him to just walk and take breaks when he felt tired but not sure that will be enough. Thanks for any thoughts on this!

Best to bring another adult along to monitor your child since you're busy doing something else.

You will know your child better than we do. Personally, I think the desire to run ourselves into the ground is something that comes with competition in school, and that most 4-year-olds probably have the common sense to stop when they're tired.

Just my opinion, your mileage may vary, please ask a doctor if you think your child might do something that could cause them harm.

-S-

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom