all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Loaded Carries in Place

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Hello,

I often do "come and go" in my flat with the bells. An "advantage" I see is that it obliges me to manage balance when I have to go around pieces of furniture for instance.

Kind regards,

Pet'

Damn , I thought I invented these;).
I do them quite often with farmer carries , with even and uneven loads.

Funny that I've never tried that because I crawl in place. I saw a coach suggest bear and crab crawls in place for crowded gyms, so I mix them in with planks. Now I'll have to give these a go. Loaded carries have a made a big difference for me on the MTB, and I suspect doing them in place may even be more applicable since I'm keeping my core still while external forces are yanking me around.

As part of one of Geoff Neupert’s coaching groups years ago, in-place carry complexes were featured in the programs.

Does it also work in farmer/suitcase position? The article seems to be based on the rack position.

Seems like a nifty way to get used to a heavy pair of bells you can (barely) clean but can’t squat or jerk yet.

Does it also work in farmer/suitcase position? The article seems to be based on the rack position.

Seems like a nifty way to get used to a heavy pair of bells you can (barely) clean but can’t squat or jerk yet.

Lateral and backward carries should have their place too.

I do them all the time, emphasizing a controlled marching step. High knees, smooth motion, and tall posture. They highlight whether you are handling the bells or just getting away with it.

It's awesome to hear these responses, thank you all! I am planning on doing these instead of outside carries for much of the winter. I would be interested to hear how often people perform carries in place compared to traditional carries. Do you use them in place carries as a supplement or replacement to traditional carries? What might some benefits and drawbacks be of each method?

Due to the slush covering my usual loaded carry space, this may be my thing until the weather goes back to the regularly scheduled PNW programming of endless rain.

It's awesome to hear these responses, thank you all! I am planning on doing these instead of outside carries for much of the winter. I would be interested to hear how often people perform carries in place compared to traditional carries. Do you use them in place carries as a supplement or replacement to traditional carries? What might some benefits and drawbacks be of each method?
I mostly use them when space is limited. The other main application for me would be when I am trying to go up to a new heavier bell for an overhead/waiter carry. I will start out by just locking the kb out overhead and holding it for time, say 30-45 seconds. Then I will try marching in place with the bell before I actually move across the room with it. Marching in place seems to be less of a stability challenge.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom