all posts post new thread

Nutrition Long-duration glycolitic effort while IF.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Pasibrzuch

Level 6 Valued Member
Hello,
I love doing my morning A+A and purely aerobic trainings fasted. However, right now I'm on my Muay Thai camp where I have two sessions of glycolitic hell a day for 7 days.
Is it in any way contraindicated to do the first session fasted? Can it be in any way detrimental?
Yesterday I did a morning session fasted, today I had a banana before. The former felt terrible, the latter great, but I don't know if fasting is to blame because there are so many factors involved.
I know the case of Sylvie von Duuglas Ittu who trains and fights in Thailand while fasting every second day. However, she's keto-adapted.
Any thoughts?

“1.  Fasted Cardio
Fasted cardio, most often done first thing in the morning, has been a popular approach in the world of bodybuilding for years… and it works, if you’re using performance-enhancing drugs to protect your muscle mass. But for a natural lifter, fasted cardio is a very good way to eat away at your muscle mass.”

Your liver should produce enough glycogen if you're keto adapted, altrough your performance could decrease short term due to the adaption.

Hello,

Just enjoy your camp with this banana in the morning. Plenty of variables may play a role (temperature, etc...)

You can also try to load more carb in the evening

Kind regards,

Pet'

I love fasted cardio, but the more i read the more I’m convinced that performance and recovery will be positively effected by properly fueling; before, during, and after. This is more specific to my marathon training but i think it can apply here as well. I’m really enjoying liquid carbs while running lately. Nuun makes a decent performance blend with carbs and electrolytes that you mix in with water.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom