all posts post new thread

Bodyweight Lookifor advice...

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Harlan

First Post
Hello everyone, thought I'd come here for a bit of advice.ive been looking into getting into calisthenics for a few months now and my problem is trying go find a simple upper body route that I can progress on each week. A little bit of information... I'm 17 weigh 165lb. 3 weeks ago I start running and have worked up to doing 5miles a day, since I've started running I've lost about 4lbs. I live a fairly active lifestyle and have started eat a lot cleaner than I was before. I've basically tried to change my lifestyle and the time has come to start calisthenics. I have a fairly basic understanding of calisthenics and how it works. My main goal at the moment is to build muscle and build a good base for myself to then progress onto some harder moves and then be able to achieve some more specific goals. I've looked everywhere for a simple upper bodyweight workout that is going onto build muscle, give me a good base and can be progressed easily. I might also mention I can comfortably do 3 sets of 15 press ups 3 sets of 5 pull ups. Hope I've given enough info and any help will be muchly appreciated.

Hello,

Welcome to the forum !

Did you look at The Naked Warrior. As far as bodyweight goes, this is simple, efficient and very straightforward

Kind regards,

Pet'

Hello,

@Harlan
This is the book that @Eyetic provided the link.

TNW paired with a "big pull" (DL, swing, snatch) and an upper body pull as well (pull up) will live you plenty of room to get a good progression and general purpose. Running is of course an excellent choice for cardio vascular system.

Kind regards,

Pet'

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom