all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed Looking for information on GTG with Captains of Crush Grippers

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
@bencrush You far and away the grip authority here. Your advice, finger lifts, and gripper closes are awesome.
Thank you, Geoff! You made my day man. :)

Do inverted closes serve the same purpose as two finger closes? I have never used finger closes. Would it be benificial to start adding them? You seem to really like them.
Inverted closes still train all the fingers, whereas the 2-finger closes only work whatever fingers you choose to focus on. Some people also train pinky and ring finger gripper closes. I think it's beneficial to add index and middle finger closes if you are able to recover from it. And I have seen you mention that you recover well from gripper work. I do really like the index and middle finger closes. Not a fan of the ring and pinky closes because for me they feel more awkward than helpful.

I have done various finger hangs, support lifts, and pinch lifts. Your pinky deadlifts are particularly inspiring, and Clay Edgin advises various finger lifts. The two hand no index finger pinch and hub pinch are two of his gripper exercises that come to mind.
You definitely do a good balanced amount of work for your hands it sounds like! Clay is a great guy and a very strong dude.

I am no Ben or Clay but I aspire to be.
I aspire to be Clay, too!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom