all posts post new thread

Programming Improv Looking for periodization system for strength

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Winchester

First Post
Hello guys,

Im doing upper lower split 4 times a week. Now Im looking for a periodization system for strength just for squats,bench and deadlift. Is there something you can recommend? For example i could do something like this:

Benchpress:
Week1: 4x6 @ 77.5% of 1RM
Week2: 4x5 @ 80% of 1RM
Week3: 4x4 @ 82.5%
Week4: 5x3 @ 85%
Week5: Deload and +2,5kg - +5kg

What do you think? Could it work or should i use another system for benchpress?

Hello guys,

Im doing upper lower split 4 times a week. Now Im looking for a periodization system for strength just for squats,bench and deadlift. Is there something you can recommend? For example i could do something like this:

Benchpress:

That looks like a fine base.

I would add some lighter training sessions between those ones. Maybe some speed/CAT/DE/whatever work with a substantially lighter load and fewer reps a set.

I would also switch exercises between blocks.

Hello guys,

Benchpress:

A good question

1. What are your working weights?
2. Current training experience and bodyweight?
3. What does your deload look like?

That looks like a fine base.

I would add some lighter training sessions between those ones. Maybe some speed/CAT/DE/whatever work with a substantially lighter load and fewer reps a set.

I would also switch exercises between blocks.
you have an idea how i could switch exercieses? which one could i use, something like front squats for squats, or instead lowbar highbar? and for competition deadlift deficit deadlift or paused deadlift?

A good question

1. What are your working weights?
2. Current training experience and bodyweight?
3. What does your deload look like?
1. My 1 RMs are:
Benchpress 94kg
Squats 115kg
Deadlift 160kg

Right now, im doing something like 3x5 linear progress in all lifts, means i add 1kg if i hit 3x5. If my periodization ,I posted above, is "good" I would like to try it.

2. Bodyweight is 80kg 179cm, two years of training experience with a lot of incorrect training :(.

3. My deload would look like this: 3x4 @ 77,5%

1. My 1 RMs are:
Benchpress 94kg
Squats 115kg
Deadlift 160kg

Right now, im doing something like 3x5 linear progress in all lifts, means i add 1kg if i hit 3x5. If my periodization ,I posted above, is "good" I would like to try it.

2. Bodyweight is 80kg 179cm, two years of training experience with a lot of incorrect training :(.

3. My deload would look like this: 3x4 @ 77,5%
A good start and can definitely improve..

If you're not competing anytime soon, you don't need to rush to peak but rather take this time to widen and solidify any strength gains you make..

Are you willing to work with someone for coaching?

A good start and can definitely improve..

If you're not competing anytime soon, you don't need to rush to peak but rather take this time to widen and solidify any strength gains you make..

Are you willing to work with someone for coaching?
Ok, thank you. Nope i dont want to compete in anytime soon. First, my goal is to hit 140kg benchpress, 220kg Deadlift, 200kg Squat for one repetition, before I think to compete.

Coaching would be nice, but i dont have money for it :)

There is one question. It will be my first time working with deload weeks. Should I really make deload weeks every 4-5 weeks or should I make deload weeks by feeling?

you have an idea how i could switch exercieses? which one could i use, something like front squats for squats, or instead lowbar highbar? and for competition deadlift deficit deadlift or paused deadlift?

That sounds fine.

Front squats, ssb squats, wide squats, narrow squats, box squats, zercher squats, squats with bands, etc.

Close grip bench, wide grip bench, floor press, overhead press, incline press, Swiss bar bench, pin press, cambered bar bench, add bands, etc.

Conventional deadlift, sumo deadlift, stiff leg deadlift, Romanian deadlift, rack/block pulls and deficits from different heights, add bands etc.

There's a lot of options.

If a block with the competition lifts go well, you can try it a second time. If it's hard, switch to something else, something that you identify as your weakness. If your triceps are weak, do close grip bench. If your glutes, do Romanian deadlift. Etc.

It makes sense to deload after each block. Maybe try the new exercise variation lightly during the deload week, get used to it.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom