all posts post new thread

Bodyweight Losing back strength lately

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

MasterRetardian

First Post
I have been doing calisthenics for a while now and for some reason although i am eating well and rests well I seem to do much less pull ups and in general have much less back strength lately - and it feels so tired every time I hit the bar.
It’s important to note that I haven’t gained significant weight and I don’t over workout. I experience progress with push workouts but the opposite with the pull and back in particular.
I hope you could help me solve the issue somehow

Hello,

In addition to @Steve Freides , if we consider calisthenics : Back and front lever progression.

Obviously, you can do pull ups and vary the grip

Kind regards

Pet'
Do you think it’s better to start practicing both front and back lever progressions at the same time or would it be better to learn one first?

for some reason although i am eating well and rests well I seem to do much less pull ups and in general have much less back strength lately - and it feels so tired every time I hit the bar.
Were you making progress with pull-ups up until now? Did you hit a plateau, or have pull-ups always been harder for you? Additionally, what exercises are you using for your push?
Do you think it’s better to start practicing both front and back lever progressions at the same time or would it be better to learn one first?
When I very first started doing calisthenics, years ago, I often did a circuit of planche leans, front lever, back lever, and L sit. I made fairly good gains doing mostly that with some bent arm work on alternate days.

I would add a side note here that while the strength demands of the back lever are not as high as planche or front lever, it does put the shoulders in a sort of compromised position, especially putting strain on the biceps and biceps tendons. Coach Sommer of gymnastic bodies used to recommend that people work on building up to multiple sets of 30 second long German hangs (getting fairly verticle) before doing back lever work. Some of my first shoulder problems back then very likely came from trying to progress in the back lever too quickly.

I hope I didn't derail the thread, I only meant to hopefully prevent injury ;)

Were you making progress with pull-ups up until now? Did you hit a plateau, or have pull-ups always been harder for you? Additionally, what exercises are you using for your push?

When I very first started doing calisthenics, years ago, I often did a circuit of planche leans, front lever, back lever, and L sit. I made fairly good gains doing mostly that with some bent arm work on alternate days.

I would add a side note here that while the strength demands of the back lever are not as high as planche or front lever, it does put the shoulders in a sort of compromised position, especially putting strain on the biceps and biceps tendons. Coach Sommer of gymnastic bodies used to recommend that people work on building up to multiple sets of 30 second long German hangs (getting fairly verticle) before doing back lever work. Some of my first shoulder problems back then very likely came from trying to progress in the back lever too quickly.

I hope I didn't derail the thread, I only meant to hopefully prevent injury ;)
I made progress from 5sets of 5 max to 10 sets of 6-7 even now I have the strength for muscle up but I seem to not make it just yet because of technique
And now I feel it’s so tired I can do max 3sets of 6 in a good form
Push day for me is -pike push up ( went from decline push up)
Diamond push ups
Dips(or push ups - pushing towards waist )
As one cycle
Then second cycle is
Tricep extensions on trx
Chair dips (tricep focused)

I suppose it's possible that you over-reached with your training quickly, and your body needs time to recover. 10 sets of 6-7 reps is a decent amount of volume. Was the increase from 5x5 to 10x7 very quick?

Hello,

+1 to @bluejeff on recovery

Otherwise, even if you do not train as often as you want to, how is your recovery in general ? I mean : sleep duration and quality, diet ('eating well' is vague), stress, other daily physical activities (job, etc...)...

Once a week training should not lead to overtraining, IMHO.

Kind regards,

Pet'

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom