all posts post new thread

Barbell Low back barbell squat Form Check

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
BJJ,
A few thoughts from a competitive PLer here.
1. You have a high bar placement doing a low bar hip-knee pattern. With a hip back dominant pattern the high bar is gonna cause forward lean and difficulty hitting depth.
2. If that is as low as you can get the bar on the shoulders then I would adopt a high bar pattern with the hips going down rather than back. Less of a hip hinge and a little more accordion.
3. Definitely lower thr safeties
4. When unracking get your shoulders set and deep belly breath in before the unrack. Getting the unrack done and then doing that bracing breath I to the chest is gonna be a disaster later on. In the video, after unracking but before going down, you can see the bar shift up a bit and the elbows going back...this is from breathing into the chest and not the abdomen.

Hope this helps some.
Are those suggestions from my last video? I feel there’s a big difference from my first to last video, so I don’t want to change too much unless I’m way off base here.

That is for sure as low as I can currently go on the bar, but it feels much lower than previously so I just want to make sure which video you’re referring to.

Was
Are those suggestions from my last video? I feel there’s a big difference from my first to last video, so I don’t want to change too much unless I’m way off base here.

That is for sure as low as I can currently go on the bar, but it feels much lower than previously so I just want to make sure which video you’re referring to.
In response to the first video

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom