all posts post new thread

Nutrition Low Blood Sugar - Question

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Mortiz

First Post
Went from Non-strict Keto to Strict Carnivore about a week ago. Feeling quite unenergetic so making sure to take in sodium and mineral drops with my water throughout the day. Because of lethargy, started checking blood suger. Yesturday it got down to 64 after eating. Today can't get it above 80 after eating. Is this anything to worry about?

If this is not a thread to post this kind of question on, please just let me know. Thanks

Went from Non-strict Keto to Strict Carnivore about a week ago. Feeling quite unenergetic so making sure to take in sodium and mineral drops with my water throughout the day. Because of lethargy, started checking blood suger. Yesturday it got down to 64 after eating. Today can't get it above 80 after eating. Is this anything to worry about?

If this is not a thread to post this kind of question on, please just let me know. Thanks
No idea about the blood sugar aspect of it but are you getting a fair amount of calories and calories from fat? If those are low they could definitely affect energy levels. I find it REALLY easy to under eat on carnivore which catches up sometimes.

I fluctuate between keto/carni so I guess I’m kind of used to it but a LOT of people definitely have an adjustment period due to switching to burning fat for fuel.

Agree with North Coast Miller's response and that is too low. I've been a Type 1 diabetic for 42 years now and average 6.1 A1c tests so this is something I know a lot about. Even though I eat a consistently low-carb diet, it is not a carb-deprived diet. We need carbs, they are the gasoline for our engines.

I’m in the talk to your doctor crowd.
There isn’t really any special health benefits for the majority of people when doing keto or carnivore, so don’t feel like you have to do it to be healthy.

I would shoot Dr. Paul Saladino an email and include your info. from post #1. drpaul@heartandsoil.co

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom