First a little background, then the question:
- I'm 6' tall and weigh 180 pounds
- I'm 52 years old and on a low dose of BP Rx
- I've been working S&S for a little over a year and started using the HRM about 2 months ago on the swings (using the 24kg bell)
- HRM progress was very good, having built up to 10 sets of 9 -- time varied between 15 and 18 minutes, and never exceeded my max
- A week before Thanksgiving my cardiologist put me on a Low Carb High Fat (LCHF) diet because he believes that if I can get a few more pounds off, I can ditch the BP meds (and get rid of some stubborn belly fat).
- I've lost about 4 pounds in 2 1/2 weeks.
- Since starting this new way of eating, when doing swings my heart rate spikes much quicker and is much slower to come back down. I've had to back off on the reps to 7 and I'm taking longer between sets.
Last edited by a moderator: