all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed Lung capacity

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

footballer55

Level 4 Valued Member
alright, big basketball game coming up. I have two weeks to prepare. I'm definitely not below average with my lung capacity, endurance, and stamina, but I wanna be above average. How do I boost those three thing within these two weeks.
Thanks,
Mike

to add to what @Steve Freides said, if you try to change things up two weeks before the event you might end up just making yourself sore and tired for your competition.

in high school my basketball coach would have us run 'stadiums'. my advice would be to go to the local high school football stadium and run/sprint up the stadium steps and then walk down the steps slowly and catch your breath then repeat. but maybe add this in after your competition.

There's got to be a saying out there that goes something like:

The only thing you get changing your training two weeks before a competition is hurt.

or words to that effect. Really, your best bet is to try and arrive fresh to your game, in a good, positive, well-rested frame of mind and of body.

-S-

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom