all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Lunge-less Getup?

TedM

Level 6 Valued Member
Quick reality check: is there a get-up variant that doesn't require going on the toes for the lunge?
(I currently and perhaps permanently have a problem in that position. )

Many thanks!

Yup that one. You can lunge too with toes down, of course.
Another option is from the low sweep to tripod position, at the point where you'd prepare to lunge, don't but sit back into a squat and squat up. If you feel unable to get into a squat from the position in the video, might be an option.

Another option is to explore the options. No bell and play. How would you get up if you wanted to avoid weight on your toes.? Cross-legged, pistol squat, easiest squat option for you? And just see what you come up with....

Quick reality check: is there a get-up variant that doesn't require going on the toes for the lunge?
(I currently and perhaps permanently have a problem in that position. )

Many thanks!
The getup to tall sit already gives you a lot of benefits..

You can do deadbugs, bird dogs and also get similar benefits

The getup to tall sit already gives you a lot of benefits..

You can do deadbugs, bird dogs and also get similar benefits
That's interesting. I know it's great for the core, but for shoulders etc. - I was under the impression that the other parts contribute more benefit.

Deadbugs have been an amazing discovery. So much benefit for so little effort...

Another option is from the low sweep to tripod position, at the point where you'd prepare to lunge, don't but sit back into a squat and squat up. If you feel unable to get into a squat from the position in the video, might be an option.
Thank you. I will try that.

@TedM, I was mistaken - it's More Russian Kettlebell Challenges, not ROTK. See 18:30 for the overhead squat version.

-S-

Back
Top Bottom