all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Maffetone / Heart-rate

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Thank you, @Christian Gelderblom.

I will throw in another variable I have heard mentioned many times - in distance/endurance events, the best performances come from maintaining an even pace, or from going slightly slower at the beginning therefore slightly faster at the end.

Why is this? That's an interesting question, IMHO.

My guess is that such an approach is most effective in using all the body's different reserves (fuels, if you like, or energy systems), equally by the end of the race.

Psychologically, it's an interesting approach, too - I recall several of my own personal bests when running, and they felt like a steady, moderate effort for most, perhaps 3/4, of the race, at which point it started to become more difficult to maintain pace, but my focus was on having picked out my pace and keeping it from start to near the finish, at which point I hoped to have enough reserves for a "kick."

-S-

What heart rate monitor do you like? The FitBit and the like are measuring on the wrist. Do any of you use and like these devices during KB practice.

Hello,

The last article of SF blog is about Maffetone protocol and is very interesting.

Kind regards,

Pet'

What heart rate monitor do you like? The FitBit and the like are measuring on the wrist. Do any of you use and like these devices during KB practice.
Ok for swings and goblet squats, but get in the way during cleans (rack position) or anything overhead (press, tgu, snatch).

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom