all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Maintaining timeless simple

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Nacho

Level 6 Valued Member
”Once you own simple, it will be easy to maintain what you have worked hard and long to reach with two talk test regulated s&s sessions a week, plus an occasional three-week peak” -Pavel T., S&S revised and updated edition

I wonder what kind of occasional peak could be like? Maybe 4-5 sessions a week for three weeks? And how often that should be done? Few times a year?

I`m not pursuing sinister. I`m just struggling a bit to find the correct way to train for myself after achieving timeless simple.

I started to add sets with 36kg and I also did glycolytic sessions with 24kg for over a month, but I realized S&S was sort of starting to live a life of it`s own instead of just being something that supports my life outside of KB training.

My highest priority is to take good enough care of my body, so I won`t get back pain, shoulder pain, get fat… But after that priority (GPP) is under control, my highest priority isn’t KB training or getting stronger and stronger. My highest priority (with hobbies) after that is to use that healthy body to practice/play golf and billiards. Both take a lot of time and are quite delicate games. I don’t want to beat myself too much and then go practice my putting. (So its easy to end up skipping the putting session)

I have done only 2 sessions a week now for 3 weeks and practiced more golf than I have in years and my body feels great! That being said, I want to make absolutely sure I atleast maintain my current level of fitness. This week I don’t have so much golf planned and I intend to do maybe 4 sessions of S&S with a 32kg and then go back to 2-3 for next week, probably 2, since I have atleast 3 rounds + lots of practice planned. So for me its easier to have an occasional (like once a month) week with heavier volume than three weeks, do you think that works just as well?

Last edited:
This week I don’t have so much golf planned and I intend to do maybe 4 sessions of S&S with a 32kg and then go back to 2-3 for next week, probably 2, since I have atleast 3 rounds + lots of practice planned. So for me its easier to have an occasional (like once a month) week with heavier volume than three weeks, do you think that works just as well?

I think waving the volume over a month can work really well, yes! I have no data to back that up, but that is my hunch, FWIW.

I think waving the volume over a month can work really well, yes! I have no data to back that up, but that is my hunch, FWIW.

Would it be too much to ask if you can show a sample how you would approach it?

I imagine that if you get stronger and become capable of doing reps with the 40 kg bell, you will then be able to achieve Timeless Simple with the 32 kg bell, any day of the week.

That has always been my approach. Just get stronger so that your goals becomes easy/light.

Regards,

Eric

maybe 4 sessions of S&S with a 32kg and then go back to 2-3 for next week, probably 2, since I have atleast 3 rounds + lots of practice planned. So for me its easier to have an occasional (like once a month) week with heavier volume than three weeks

Within the context of the above maintenance plan - as Nacho described, 2x/week for several weeks, then 4x/week every 4th week when you have extra time, then

occasional peak could be like? Maybe 4-5 sessions a week for three weeks? And how often that should be done? Few times a year?

For an occasional peak, yeah maybe 2 weeks of 4-5 normal sessions then 2 weeks of "compressed" sessions (pushing the pace towards 10x10 in 5 minutes)

Or a peaking plan like what came out in today's StrongFirst newsletter to peak for the snatch test -- that works too!

1597777329586.png

1597777381239.png

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom