all posts post new thread

Man Maker?

I made most muscle by doing squat three times a week. Program was Starting Strength. I wish I'd knew how to proceed from that. After that I've tried many kettlebell programs, but those don't deliver that much, if you're after mass.

I made most muscle by doing squat three times a week. Program was Starting Strength. I wish I'd knew how to proceed from that. After that I've tried many kettlebell programs, but those don't deliver that much, if you're after mass.

Keep squatting three times a week!

-S-

The squat is THE most overhyped exercise in existence IMO. Its a butt exercise. Just as Pavel says most people's squat form sucks ___. I've gotten far more mass with 10×10s than with Super Squats 1×20. I just gotta get my kbell snatch form down. Banged up forearms suck!

The squat is THE most overhyped exercise in existence IMO. Its a butt exercise. Just as Pavel says most people's squat form sucks ___. I've gotten far more mass with 10×10s than with Super Squats 1×20. I just gotta get my kbell snatch form down. Banged up forearms suck!
Maybe its just different for some because when I back squat my whole lower body just gets bigger fairly quick. I don’t do many of them otherwise I’d end up having to buy new pants. I really like kb front squat, zercher squats, and bb front squats.

Are you referring to the actual super squats program or just 20 rep squats?

A very important part here is competence in the movement.
GS-technique is about conserving energy by maximising technique (and using elastic rebound).
GS-athletes train so much technique and they do so over so much time it's insane (...Like all high level athletes).
But since that does not alone give you the ability to do 100 snatches with 32kg in one hand switch they also train a fair bit of endurance.
Depending on what athlete you look at they also train a fair bit of strength.

Running is the best training for running, technique makes your stride take less energy, and running gives you endurance for running.
Same with BJJ/MMA/Wrestling/marathon/cross country skiing. Technique technique technique.

Bodybuilding? Thats about maximising hypertrophy but that's another subject.

Running is the best training for running, technique makes your stride take less energy, and running gives you endurance for running.
Same with BJJ/MMA/Wrestling/marathon/cross country skiing. Technique technique technique.

I like how Dan John turned this around for the opposite. When fat loss is your goal, do the things you are bad at because when you're less efficient you use more energy and thus burn more fat.

I opened up this post, expecting it to be about the double kettlebell complex that people have nicknamed the man maker. Start with a push-up renegade row on each side Burpee up, then do a double kettlebell, clean and thruster repeat. Lol

Back
Top Bottom