all posts post new thread

Recommendations/Reviews/FS/WTB Mark Bell’s Slingshot

Products recommendations and reviews, items For Sale or Wanted To Buy
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

JeffC

Level 7 Valued Member
I have had an Original Slingshot for a few weeks. I have used it four times. It is a well made piece of kit. I used the sizing chart and got a good fit.

I have been using it to overload the Bench Press. I do a few heavy sets after my main work. I like overload work to get the body ready for bigger weights by strengthening the support structures. It is much easier to use than setting up bands or chains for accommodating resistance. I have also been playing with its placement on the arm for more or less resistance.

I wonder how durable it is? Does it lose strength over time? I don’t see the Slingshot getting weaker over time as a bad thing because as you get stronger the assistance gets weaker. Unlike a torsion spring gripper which is stronger when you are weaker and gets weaker as you get stronger.

I can see how the Slingshot would also be a good teaching tool for the bar bath of the Press. People with shoulder issues find it helps the Press without pain.

I really like this product. Highly recommended for barbell enthusiasts.

I ordered an Original for me on Sunday. If the shipping company hadn't messed up the order I'd have already tried it out today. But I will get it soon. The couple of times I tried a Slingshot out, even if they weren't the Original one, I liked them.

I also follow your reasoning on the durability. I believe it will get weaker with time, and I suppose it depends both on usage and time itself. But I don't worry about it; I don't mind if it gets a little worn and less springy, and I don't think it's that expensive as a piece of kit.

I sometimes bench with reverse bands. I thought about getting the slingshot but I was worried it wood mess up my "groove".

Bought it years ago to keep my shoulders save while benching. Didnt use it much, because I changed to floor presses.
Gave it to a friend a couple of months ago so he can work around an injury and keep benching. It helped him a lot and I told him he should keep it.
Also my once overweight sister managed to do a pushup with it.
I can't comment on the durability or the overloading effect.

I avoid benching because i tend to get a bit of pain at the top / front of my right shoulder.

I'd be interested in hearing how it helps benching without pain.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom