all posts post new thread

Mark423

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Mark423

Level 1 Valued Member
Certified Instructor
Hello All - This is my accountability thread. I have been using kettlebells for over 15 years and am a certified Level 2 SFG. I have completed Simple many times and the ROP with bells from the 24 kg through the 32 kg. I will be commencing 2020 with a focus on 4 cycles of ROP beginning this week with the 24 on heavy day at 5 x 1,2,3,4. This will give me a few test weeks on heavy days throughout the year. The plan is to complete the year with a full cycle of the ROP with the 36 kg or press the Beast which would be my 1/2 bodyweight bell. I have pressed the 44 kg bell in the past but think my likely current max is the 40 (but we will see on the next test day....... )

I will not be swinging per the ROP.

I will be working some snatches with the same bell as I am pressing in an A+A format on variety days. I am also hiking for at least 3 days a week with a 40 lb pack.

My age is 55. My physical goals are as follows:

1. Train effectively and enjoy the process
2. Complete a 6 day backpacking trip in May of 2021
3. Re-certify for my Level 2 in May of 2021 successfully
4. Successfully complete life by being able to attend to my personal hygiene with respect to elimination on my last day alive.

I will post here monthly in order to update progress and keep myself accountable to the group.

Happy New Year to All

Note to Steve F - if this belongs somewhere else, Please advise and move appropriately.

@Mark423 Looking forward to your progress!

It's rare to see someone doing RoP with 32kg+ working weight. Will be interesting to see which RoP ladder threshold unlocks your Beast press.

Sean - Agreed. I am curious as well. I am not sure that the level of work required on the 36 kg will be achievable, but I have completed the ROP with the 32 in the past, so we will be learning. In any event, thanks for your interest.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom