all posts post new thread

Mars Attacks!

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
I am back :) The 10 day quarantine sucked but at least I could visit my family right after for Easter. And I played a lot of games :) Over the last 2 weeks I basically did the 4 basic exercises from CC as a circuit pretty much every day. It was enjoyable but probably didn't do much to make my KBs feel lighter. I think for me the 28kg is more or less were my body needs to start make more long term adaptions to keep making progress and I just need to stick with it and work on getting better at getting enough sleep and eating good food.

Monday
Log Nr. 2, Day 119
Simple & Sinister 1H 24-28-28-24-24kg

Today
Log Nr. 2, Day 120
Simple & Sinister 2H 24-28-28-24-24kg

Forgot to log the rest of the week. Nothing to note really. I have been slacking on the stretches and will pay more attention to it. Other that that the weights felt easier the rest of the week than on Mon and Tue. And I will add another two sets with the 28kg KB tomorrow on Monday.

Wed
Log Nr. 2, Day 121

Thu
Log Nr. 2, Day 122
Simple & Sinister 2H 24-28-28-24-24kg

Fri
Log Nr. 2, Day 123

Last edited:
Doing two more sets with the 28kg was a bit harder than expected. This was a lots-of-coffee kind of week so maybe I slept a bit less than usual. But even so it was a surprise given 4 sets felt so easy.

Log Nr. 2, Day 124-128
Simple & Sinister 24-28-28-28-24kg

And I stopped logging here again. Ups. :( Sorry for that. I do keep a little training log in my calendar but logging S&S (-> the same thing over and over again) on here feels a bit like a chore.

I progressed to all sets done with the 28kg KB without any issues and am starting to work in the 32kg KB. GS are now with the 28kg KB. Halos still with the 24kg because the 32kg KB is too heavy and the competition KB isn't suitable for Halos. And I am still doing OS resets almost every day. So that is all good.

But when it comes to other things like sleep and diet I haven't really improved a lot and I still have a long way to go when it comes to not being a complete couch potato. And I still don't look like an action movie star :D

Last edited:
Little update:

I followed S&S almost to a T 5 days a week over the summer working in the 32kg KBs without any issues. I did Timeless Simple a couple of times towards the end and felt like the only thing struggling were my triceps during the TGU. I did pretty well with sleep and diet as well.

But things started to go south in September. My work location changed and time to commute increased by almost 50%. Then the baby downstairs started crying around 3:30-4:00. I am not good with not being a couch potato and wasting a lot of time starting at a screen to begin with. So after a while I cut back S&S to twice a week to have more time relaxing. And even though I am still using the 32kg KB I need a lot of rest doing the TGUs. And even with the swings I sometimes feel a bit sluggish during the last sets.

Things have calmed down downstairs. But my commute and early morning is still taking it's toll.

So long story short: I have achieved Timeless Simple.

But S&S is on the back burner for now.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom