all posts post new thread

Mars Attacks!

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
I slept poorly and woke up too early. I tried to tire myself out with light 16kg KB swings for sets of 20 so I could take a nap. But that didn't work out and I decided to do my S&S workout :)

Log Nr. 2, Day 5:
Morning
Light Swings
1H Swings: 28kg 10x10
TGU: 28kg 5x1 per arm

Yesterday
Log Nr. 2, Day 6:
Morning
Warmup

Today: busy day
Log Nr. 2, Day 7:
Evening
Light Swings

Yesterday I overslept and was too lazy to get my workout done after work. :( But today was a great training day. I was eager to go right after brushing my teeth and the 28kg KB felt easy.

Log Nr. 2, Day 10:
Morning
Warmup

Skipped yesterday. I had a wicked cramp in my left calf right before it was time to wake up and didn't feel like it. After work I was tired and decided to take a nap. Although my diet and energy levels have been good the last two weeks I have started drinking too much coffee again and think I might run on too little sleep.

Log Nr. 2, Day 13:
Early Afternoon
2H Swings: 28kg 10x10

Was a harder than usual. Cold, rainy day and only 10 hours recovery from my last workout.

Log Nr. 2, Day 16:
Morning
Warmup

Done for the week :) I wanted to give H2H swings a try with the new KB. I like them quite a lot and have done them often with the 24kg KB. But I have to do them at a slightly slower pace and with a more precise amount of force. So the workout is actually a bit easier than with regular 1H swings.

Log Nr. 2, Day 20:
Morning
Pump Stretch & Overhead Squats
H2H Swings: 28kg 10x10

I was too tired in the morning. But training went well after work. The 28kg Competition KB has a nice feel when doing swings but it has a weird balance for the TGUs. The handle seems a little bit narrow as well. I took a closer look and compared it to pictures of competition bells online and the handle is shaped with a larger than usual radius leaving less flat space for the hand to grip. Overall I am not sure this is a "good" competition bell. The price was killer. And I have no problems using it. So I can't really complain. But my enthusiasm for it has gone and I will try a different brand when I get a 32kg KB.

Log Nr. 2, Day 22:
Evening
H2H Swings: 28kg 10x10

Yesterday I had to split my workout in two because of time constraints.
Log Nr. 2, Day 23:
Morning
Warmup
Evening

So today the TGUs were a bit harder than usual. At least pressing the KB in position. I only use one arm for that in the hopes to get a little bit of extra strength in my arms.
Log Nr. 2, Day 24:
Morning
Warmup
2H Swings: 28kg 10x10

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom