all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Maximorum Master Thread

Without talking rep schemes I have a ladder question.

When performing ladders do you should I Work all the way through a rung with one hand before going up or do the whole ladder on one side before switching sides?

If this question. Has been answered I missed it. I have done it both ways before.

Without talking rep schemes I have a ladder question.

When performing ladders do you should I Work all the way through a rung with one hand before going up or do the whole ladder on one side before switching sides?

If this question. Has been answered I missed it. I have done it both ways before.
If you are supposed to do a ladder of (1,2,3), you do it as follows: 1L, 1R, 2L, 2R, 3L, 3R. Rest between each.

I picked (1,2,3) as an arbitrary example. Don’t try to extrapolate anything about the program from it.

Last edited:
Week 4 Done
Day 1 - 120 reps
Day 2 - 54C 37P 84FS
Day 4 - 134 reps
Day 5 - 60C 48P 106FS

Day 5 was muy picante!

Those rep counts are blowing my mind! Awesome work.

I just finished Week 2
1: 48
2: 16 of each
4: 64
5: 21 of each

I'm definitely still getting used to the weight. Maybe because I just came off Giant 3.0 and haven't really used these before, but I feel like things are coming along. The numbers above are progress against week 1 and I'm hoping I can carry that through the next couple of weeks. I don't really eat or drink too much anymore, but I have a lot of driving in the plans which tends to tighten me up and slow me down.

Hey guys, hope everybody is well!
As I read through the thread realised some people have "even" numbers on the compound lift "ladder days" (@kieran) (@Theo.jons ) while others have "odd" (@Aziatik) numbers.
Obviously there's a clean before "exercise A" , but does one also do one clean before every rep of "exercise A2"?
As far as I understand the instructions it's only one clean right before exercise A2 and then we do the number of reps, right?
@Geoff Neupert would you mind confirming and/or shed some light onto that? Thank you in advance!

Last edited:
Hello All,

I just wrapped up Week 6. Progress has been made each week. It definitely pays off to go when you feel ready and not push the numbers, but they went up anyways. Here are the numbers...

DC+P/DFSQ with 2x28kg
Snatch with 32kg

Week 1
Week 2
Week 3
Week 4
Week 5
Week 6
NL
236​
248​
278​
281​
296​
322​

I just finished week 4, and I am liking the progress. I have seen a significant increase in both strength and conditioning. In four weeks my snatch totals have increased 17% and my Clean and Press and Squat totals have increased 78%. This is a much larger jump than I was expecting to this point. Now I know part of it is that I am finally getting serious about Kettlebells again after a long hiatus, but this is better progress than I have managed on my own. Looking forward to seeing where this leads. The work load is significant, but the rest and variability is giving me time to recovery pretty well. It is nice to not have to be sore all the time to make progress.

Last edited:
Just wrapped up Week 1. Snatches @24kg and C&P/DFSQ at 2X28kg. I haven’t done snatches in a long time and I’m prepping for the SFG I in The Dome in April. So this is going to serve as the majority of my prep for the snatch test and overall prep for the course. I will say that the C&P days were harder than I was expecting as well. I’m assuming that’s since they follow Snatches the day before?

Rep counts
1.1: 66
1.2: 15/15 (5@ 2X32 before switching)
1.3: 96
1.4: 20/20

I was planning on running it with 2X32kg for the C&P and DFSQ but my cleans really sucked at that weight. So after 5 reps the first day I stepped it back to 2X28kg, with a really focus on improving my cleans over the course of the program.

Just wrapped up Week 1. Snatches @24kg and C&P/DFSQ at 2X28kg. I haven’t done snatches in a long time and I’m prepping for the SFG I in The Dome in April. So this is going to serve as the majority of my prep for the snatch test and overall prep for the course. I will say that the C&P days were harder than I was expecting as well. I’m assuming that’s since they follow Snatches the day before?

Rep counts
1.1: 66
1.2: 15/15 (5@ 2X32 before switching)
1.3: 96
1.4: 20/20

I was planning on running it with 2X32kg for the C&P and DFSQ but my cleans really sucked at that weight. So after 5 reps the first day I stepped it back to 2X28kg, with a really focus on improving my cleans over the course of the program.
That’s interesting. I guess just because you haven’t done snatches in a while. I just wrapped up my SFG 1 in September and have been snatching a ton. my snatch weight is 28 but DCP/DFSQ is only 24s and couldn’t dream of 32s. I bet you could switch to 28 or even 32 for the snatch once you get the skill honed in again. IMHO snatching heavier will make the snatch test with the 24 a piece of cake. Great job.

Snatching a 10RM weight has definitely made the following C&P/DFSQ days harder for me. I've been C&P'ing for most of the last 9 months, and these last few sessions following the snatch days have been some of the hardest!

That’s interesting. I guess just because you haven’t done snatches in a while. I just wrapped up my SFG 1 in September and have been snatching a ton. my snatch weight is 28 but DCP/DFSQ is only 24s and couldn’t dream of 32s. I bet you could switch to 28 or even 32 for the snatch once you get the skill honed in again. IMHO snatching heavier will make the snatch test with the 24 a piece of cake. Great job.
I’m sure I have the strength for the snatches, it’s all about technique. I’ve never spent enough time consistently snatching to dial in my technique. I’m hoping 12 weeks of Maximorum will get me there and then I can do the last few weeks before SFG with the 28 or 32.
Snatching a 10RM weight has definitely made the following C&P/DFSQ days harder for me. I've been C&P'ing for most of the last 9 months, and these last few sessions following the snatch days have been some of the hardest!
This is at least one extra point of reference to support my hypothesis and makes me feel a little better. I’m digging it, but it surprised me a bit.

I've just finished phase 1 (wk 6) Maximorum. Noticeable size gains across the upper body and lower body (I'll send details to Geoff), and my strength has really taken off. I wasn't looking forward to the 6 reps c&p (2×28kg) today, but they went up fairly easy, the 6th rep took effort, but there was another in the tank each set. My squats have exploded, they have never been a strong point of mine, with skinny legs, but 6 reps were pretty straight forward. Adding the Snatch is genius (32kg for me). Could be the ultimate GPP programme, covering strength and power with double and single bells! I'm loving it, bring on Phase 2!

We're having different experiences but the same liking of the results. Agree about the gpp angle, one of my favorite programs so far. Still early but my body shape changed pretty dramatically now through 4.5 weeks. My weights for the clean and press are 20kg with the double squat and it does feel like more of a strength endurance program being that 20kg was a 7 to 8 rep max vs 24kg at 4. I want to try the experience you are having if its endorsed to repeat the program for a 24 week cycle at the new test rm at the end of phase 2. Higher weights, lower volume, more pure strength gains.

My experience is that the number of reps per set is climbing and yet my daily totals seem to stay right around the same numbers unless i push the pace a little bit. The great part so far has that ive been able to stay more of less in an antiglycotic practice. No real burn or doms to speak of. The training feedback algorithm in one app i use to track workouts registers a stronggggg aerobic and anaerobic response to the a1a2 training days and my nervous system feels the workout the next day, without doms or excessive soreness. Again, my body really seems to be responding well to Maximorum.

Here is my last workout attached... Week 4 day 2. On the low number set a2 was performed right after a1. On the higher rep sets there was a pause netween a1 and a2 but not too long which you can see in the hr graph with the double hump at the peaknof alternanting sets. Onward and upward. @Geoff Neupert

Week 4 day 2

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221225-221145_Zepp.jpg
    Screenshot_20221225-221145_Zepp.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom