all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Maximorum Master Thread

Looking forward to starting this Maximorum in a couple weeks.

For C&P, 2x24kg's are my 8RM, but the 28's might be too much for me at this moment. I'll make time in the next couple of weeks to test them out and see where I land with those. But it's looking like the 24's will still net great results regardless.

For the snatch, I'm on Week 7 of King-Size Killer with a 24kg bell and want to test my 28kg snatch for this. Because I'm well over 10RM with the 24.

I've been diving through this thread over the last few months, but I've really been digging in since purchasing the program.

Geoff writes about the nutrition part in the Maximorum program.

Is there a difference between the one from this program and the one from the Burn programs?

Geoff writes about the nutrition part in the Maximorum program.

Is there a difference between the one from this program and the one from the Burn programs?
Yes, it seems each program has a different nutrition program. Part by design (Burn Extreme is an EXTREME program) and part by experience gained. However, the tone is usually the same: eat more protein, fewer carbs, more greens. A little IF here, a little carb cycling there. Recover

Does anyone have the link to the final program? A friend is asking me about it and I can’t find it on Geoff’s website.

Got the email with the link to purchase.

Looks interesting although I should probably get King Size Killer first as experience in unilateral snatches is a prerequisite. I got some coaching on snatch technique years ago but I'd rather not trust my fading memory.

Got the email with the link to purchase.

Looks interesting although I should probably get King Size Killer first as experience in unilateral snatches is a prerequisite. I got some coaching on snatch technique years ago but I'd rather not trust my fading memory.
I think Maximorum would be a much better introduction/refresher to snatching than KSK. Think of it almost as having strength days and snatch technique days.

I think Maximorum would be a much better introduction/refresher to snatching than KSK. Think of it almost as having strength days and snatch technique days.

Yes, if you buy it with bonus videos that include Snatch Deep Dive video(s) from Big 6.

No, if your purchase did not include these videos. I might have bought Maximorum too late to get this particular deep dive bonus but I'll see how my email request turns out.

KSK is supposed to come with the same deep dive videos.

Without these videos, I won't get all the exercise cues, and thus no real introduction.

Last edited:
Both are great (KSK and maximorum)

What I would recommend as an alternative: 3-5 reps of practice, setting timer for 15 minutes until you get really comfortable and confident.
I think this is a great idea. Might stumble into a bit of A+A, too.

Yes, if you buy it with bonus videos that include Snatch Deep Dive video(s) from Big 6.

No, if your purchase did not include these videos. I might have bought Maximorum too late to get this particular deep dive bonus but I'll see how my email request turns out.

KSK is supposed to come with the same deep dive videos.

Without these videos, I won't get all the exercise cues, and thus no real introduction.
The recommendation was less about the videos and more about the program structure. With how maximorum is set up, you will have opportunity to train for strength (front squat, clean and press) and opportunity to take time to work on your snatch, in which case just ignore the recommended loading for the snatch and just use it as time to practice/learning/technique work for your snatch for the designated amount of time.

The recommendation was less about the videos and more about the program structure. With how maximorum is set up, you will have opportunity to train for strength (front squat, clean and press) and opportunity to take time to work on your snatch, in which case just ignore the recommended loading for the snatch and just use it as time to practice/learning/technique work for your snatch for the designated amount of time.

But I don't know how to do a proper snatch right now.

Diving headfirst into a program without proper technique is how I and other people have hurt themselves in the past.

King Size Killer looks like the program with the video instruction I need. Maximorum comes with text instructions on how to do a snatch. I can't learn a movement like the snatch just from reading words - I need video.

Also I am willing to test a snatch-only program for myself. I can see why some people would assume my squatting and pressing strength would be reduced by pursuing a snatch-only program. I am currently doing a clean-and-press only program to see what my pressing muscle gains and strength might be, and if I will, in fact, lose pulling strength so that I would lose a tug of war to a toddler, and my biceps will shrink like grapes shrinking into raisins.

Last edited:
But I don't know how to do a proper snatch right now.

Diving headfirst into a program without proper technique is how I and other people have hurt themselves in the past.

King Size Killer looks like the program with the video instruction I need, while Maximorum does not.
Ultimately you must do what you think is best. I am not encouraging you to just "go ahead" and snatch without knowing how. I've tried to explain why I am suggesting what I am, but I don't seem to be communicating well enough. If learning to snatch is your main goal, I highly suggest finding an instructor to work with.

When I learned to snatch, I studied YouTube videos from people like Hec G, Pat Flynn, and Louka (Hardstyle Kettlebell Pro). I don't want to discount Geoff's videos, I didn't have access to them and he has some really good instructionals. I don't think they are a substitute for in person coaching, but I know I couldn't afford that at the time and videos can definitely work.

When I learned to snatch, my snatch efforts were "on top of" what I was already doing. My snatch practice was just added in addition to whatever my "real" training was. With something like Maximorum, without giving away the program, Geoff creates "blocks" in your week where you focus on strength training (squat and press) or snatching. What I like about that is that even if you don't know how to snatch, you can follow the weekly schedule and still get dedicated time each week to focus on learning the snatch while still training to get stronger, without your practice of the snatch just being done "on top of" everything else. Again, in a situation like this, you wouldn't be following the snatch guidelines in the program, you would spend that time practicing your snatch technique.

The benefit of doing it that way, versus something like KSK, is that if you're not good at snatching (or don't know how), the program isn't going to be useful to you right now or possibly for a while.

That's my thought process to approaching this situation and all I'll say about this dead horse. It still might not align with what you're looking for, or your goals, or your abilities, or what you're looking to get out of a purchase, and that's understandable.

Ultimately you must do what you think is best. I am not encouraging you to just "go ahead" and snatch without knowing how. I've tried to explain why I am suggesting what I am, but I don't seem to be communicating well enough. If learning to snatch is your main goal, I highly suggest finding an instructor to work with.

When I learned to snatch, I studied YouTube videos from people like Hec G, Pat Flynn, and Louka (Hardstyle Kettlebell Pro). I don't want to discount Geoff's videos, I didn't have access to them and he has some really good instructionals. I don't think they are a substitute for in person coaching, but I know I couldn't afford that at the time and videos can definitely work.

When I learned to snatch, my snatch efforts were "on top of" what I was already doing. My snatch practice was just added in addition to whatever my "real" training was. With something like Maximorum, without giving away the program, Geoff creates "blocks" in your week where you focus on strength training (squat and press) or snatching. What I like about that is that even if you don't know how to snatch, you can follow the weekly schedule and still get dedicated time each week to focus on learning the snatch while still training to get stronger, without your practice of the snatch just being done "on top of" everything else. Again, in a situation like this, you wouldn't be following the snatch guidelines in the program, you would spend that time practicing your snatch technique.

The benefit of doing it that way, versus something like KSK, is that if you're not good at snatching (or don't know how), the program isn't going to be useful to you right now or possibly for a while.

That's my thought process to approaching this situation and all I'll say about this dead horse. It still might not align with what you're looking for, or your goals, or your abilities, or what you're looking to get out of a purchase, and that's understandable.

I have been getting the sense you've been trying to steer me away from KSK but we do have a breakdown in communications here. I'm not really getting why you feel KSK before Maximorum would be such a bad idea,

I guess you think my front squat and press will suffer in some way by doing a snatch-only program. That's understandable. I don't mind putting an assumption like that to the test though.

Back
Top Bottom