all posts post new thread

Forum Business maybe the software upgrade?

Problems, Questions, Suggestions
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Steve A

Level 6 Valued Member
I had my preferences set so that I did not get email notifications when somebody replied to a thread. This worked for a while, but in the last few days it no longer works. Email after email. Checked preferences - they seem to be set correctly. Suggestions?

@Steve A, these preference exist on several levels, e.g., you might be watching a thread or a forum specifically, and that might account for the notifications you've been receiving. Please see if that might explain the behavior you've encountered. I believe that when you click on Watch Thread, it offers you the choice to receive or not receive email notifications, and this is apart from any more general preferences you may have set for yourself.

Thanks.

-S-

Thanks Steve. It just changed in the past few days, I haven't done anything different. But I just went to every thread for which I received an email, chose the "unwatch" option. I never chose the 'watch" option, maybe it did that automatically when I posted? If this repeats will let you know. Thanks again.

Yes, it could conceivably be the software upgrade, but I don't know anyone else reporting the problem to date. Then again, I don't know how many people would bother to report it.

-S-

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom