all posts post new thread

Nutrition MCT Oil

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

LEGENDARY70

Level 2 Valued Member
Hello all.

Question. Is MCT oil in my black coffee every morning breaking my fast?

I fast for 16 hrs. Usually from 8-12. I have done research and like watching videos from Dr. Berg, Thomas Delauer and Dr. Ken Berry. They have some awesome info on carnivore, fasting etc. But some information is not clear. Some say using MCT oil messes up your fasting. Others say no it does not because it helps create ketones. i would like some clear advice from the experts here. Should I continue to use mct in my black coffee?

Lunch: usually two eggs and some bacon. usually some sardines with chicharrones. Lunch is around 12 or 1pm

Dinner: usually some beef like steaks, eggs, sausage etc with some chicharrones. eat diner around 7pm.

No breakfast. Just black coffee because of my fast.

Thank you.

Question. Is MCT oil in my black coffee every morning breaking my fast?

Is MCT Oil A Food?

A Fast is broken when you consume food...

As per the definition, "...Substance consisting essentially of protein, carbohydrate, fat, and other nutrients used in the body of an organism to sustain growth and vital processes and to furnish energy.
So yes, it break the Fast.

Some say using MCT oil messes up your fasting. Others say no it does not because it helps create ketones.

Others

"Other say" and "They said" are not what you'd call "Reputable Sources".

MCT Oil Creates Ketones

Yes, they do. However since MCT is a food. That means that you are breaking your Fast. The ketones that you were burning from your body fat stores are replaced with MCT Oil ketones.

Since MCT Oil is digested quickly, the body utilized it rather than burning your body fat ketones.

There nothing wrong with having coffee with MCT Oil or Butter in it. Depending what you objective is.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom