all posts post new thread

Nutrition Meet day: What to eat before, during and after

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Chrisdavisjr

Level 7 Valued Member
I've got a competition (oly lifting) coming up this Saturday and was wondering if anyone had advice regarding what to eat before, during and after the competition. Is there anything in particular you've found highly beneficial? Is there anything I should avoid?

Depending on my weight in the morning, I may postpone breakfast until after the weigh-in and I'm going to make sure I have sufficient carbs for quick and easy energy before I lift. There'll almost certainly be a cup of coffee involved.

No idea about lifting comp but if it is comparable in anyway to sprint competition it's the only time I slug back a sports drink for some fast glucose replenishment in between heats with a banana. Recovery after? I'm still eating 3 days later. Enjoy!

I like to eat a medium sized breakfast, normal food. When I'm not lifting, throughout the day, I'm eating or drinking (lots of cliff bars and orange gatoraide).

My only advice is to not get creative. You should know by now what you need to eat before training and when to eat it.
After a meet/comp I like to eat a lot of whatever I want!
Blake

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom