all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed Messed up the grey skull lpnprogram please help. Want to do a saturday, monday, Wednesday split.

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Jsingh21

First Post
I messed up and did overhead barbell press and deadlift Saturday. Then monday did press and squat and did bench press and squat today. I couldnt squat and did light but was sore so did 2 sets 5 reps then 4 reps last set with light wieght. I want to do press and deadlift Saturday. I messed up so bad now can I still fix the program.

Reason is wanted to do deadlift Saturday cuz have work monday but that messes up prgram. I should have Saturday as my first day press and squat then monday did bench press and deadlift and Wednesday did press and squat. Can someone please help me fix this thanks.

Also when do you increase your wieghtsm ine week you press twice ao the second time that week do you increase the wieght by 2.5 lbs? Or oncrease the following week.

Well I'm not an expert on Greyskull but I think it's a linear program similar to Starting Strength which I am familiar with, so I'll give you some general advice.

Don't sweat rearranging things to suit your schedule, but once you get it arranged, follow it as written on your adjusted schedule. i.e. rest days between work days, lifts together as written, reps/sets, increases.

If you're too sore to do what's programmed you're probably not following it as written, or adding extras (not recovering). Take a recovery day or two and reset; restart at where you should be. Wherever you are, you should be able to do the programmed work with no fails or bails. It should be challenging, but do-able. You will feel like you need recovery on the off days. Take it. That's when you're getting stronger.
Press is a tricky one on increases. If you're pressing twice a week, 2.5 lbs per session sounds about right. If you can't increase, at least make sure you get the volume in. It will go up in time.

I really like Greyskull but it, like every other program, is just a journey between now and next time, depart from it on a contingency basis without concern. No-one is stronger or bigger because of the workout they did six months ago. Take a day off, reset, try something different ... without concern

Well I'm not an expert on Greyskull but I think it's a linear program similar to Starting Strength which I am familiar with, so I'll give you some general advice.

Don't sweat rearranging things to suit your schedule, but once you get it arranged, follow it as written on your adjusted schedule. i.e. rest days between work days, lifts together as written, reps/sets, increases.

If you're too sore to do what's programmed you're probably not following it as written, or adding extras (not recovering). Take a recovery day or two and reset; restart at where you should be. Wherever you are, you should be able to do the programmed work with no fails or bails. It should be challenging, but do-able. You will feel like you need recovery on the off days. Take it. That's when you're getting stronger.
Press is a tricky one on increases. If you're pressing twice a week, 2.5 lbs per session sounds about right. If you can't increase, at least make sure you get the volume in. It will go up in time
Yeah I was too sore because I messed up I wanted to do deadlifts on Saturday because Monday I have work. Felt Sunday for rest would be good if I deadlift Saturday but that's what broke the program.. I should have used Saturday as my first day this makes the program work. I would deadlift on Monday then. I would Press squat on Saturday then Sunday rest then Monday bench deadlift then rest Tuesday and then Wednesday press squat. then the two days off. Next week alternate with bench squat instead of press squat. What I did was press deadlift Saturday and then press squat Monday and bench squat Wednesday. You think I should skip next Wednesday?

That's the best way I can see to fix the program I don't want to miss a day but best solution I have. that way I can make Saturday my first day not this Saturday the following one. then I can have that workout rest workout rest workout and then two days rest as designed.

Alright I found this here:

1625835020520.png

So going by that, instead of Mon/Wed/Fri, you 'd be doing that order on Sat/Mon/Wed. And sounds like you're just trying to get back in step with the order -- like when you're marching in a formation, and you have to switch the lead leg without missing a step.

I don't think you should skip next Wed, but you could skip the progression of the weight for that day. In other words, just repeat what you did the previous session for your press/BP and squat.

Don't sweat it -- it's all good work! Your body won't know you switched up the days. :)

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom