all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Met Dan John Yesterday

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

BrianCF

Level 7 Valued Member
Dan was speaking at the Perform Better Functional Training seminar yesterday in Providence, RI. I dropped him a note and he invited me as his guest.

It had to do with coaching and his philosophy and methods. A 75 minute lecture and then a 75 minute workshop. Learned so much from him. I was blown away. He's a GREAT guy who is extremely generous with his time.

We went out after for a couple of adult beverages after. I've attached a photo. Doesn't matter which organization, we're all kettlebell family. He's got a new book coming out as well.

Attachments

• 20220827_145112.jpg
    20220827_145112.jpg
    162.4 KB · Views: 155
I had the pleasure meeting and eating lunch with Dan John and Tim Anderson at an Easy Strength seminar about 10 years ago now (Wow, time flies -- I guess I must be having fun).

Both seemed like just as good dudes in person as they do online.

I also attended an Original Strength workshop with Tim and Geoff Neupert a few years later. Positive impression of Tim confirmed, and Geoff was also great in person. Geoff was actually at the Easy Strength seminar as well, but I didn't get a chance to meet him at the time.

Very much looking forward to his new book!
He's influenced quite a bit of my thought on lifting, but I would actually say his thoughts on coaching have had the biggest impact on me in my career. I hope one day to meet him and shake his hand as well!
If you go to the Draper forum, through danjohn.net, I kind of reviewed what he went through from my memory. The biggest keys were, tension, stand tall, and finished position should all be similar vertical or horizontal.

He’s answered a few of my questions on his podcast before and I’ve always enjoyed his feedback. I love his simple approach to strength and fitness in a world full of IG influencers, steroids, mirror muscles, crazy workouts, people who care about calf sizes, and working out as hard as possible people like Dan John are proof that consistency and simple fundamentals will likely produce longevity.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom