all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed Methods for remembering to GTG

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

bluejeff

Level 7 Valued Member
I would like to add some simple GTG exercises to my week; however, I often get wrapped up in whatever I'm doing and forget!

I was thinking of setting a timer or something, but then I thought: "why don't I see how other people stick to their own GTG 'schedule?'"

So, how do you all remember to do it, if it's something you struggle with?

for pullup practice, I have a downstairs bar in the rafters along with a set of rings, and a bar in my bathroom door. The bathroom door is visible in the main area of my house, just off my closeted laundry area and master bedroom and that is the one that gets used for GTG.

Basically whenever I walk by and see the bar (visual cue), or use the washroom,throw in laundry or go into the bedroom, I try to do a pullup or variation thereof, such as doing a negative, or jumping to 90 degrees at the elbow, and pulling the rest of the way (my weaker part of the move). I have a Post-it note by the bathroom door, to keep track of my volume for the day and have dates on it and make checkmarks. When I hit "x" amount, I am done for the day.

I don't so much keep track of how much I have rested between sets (generally is at least 1/2 hour I think if not more), but my accumulated volume in the day and have set goals for how much volume in # sets per day I am doing in a week (found out pretty fast recently that 8 slow negatives in one day plus a set of 5 rows on rings in a --for me--fairly difficult foot stance in between every set of getups in my S&S session was a little much) Because I work odd shifts and hours, I need to squeeze these in when I can vs setting a timer and doing every morning....which is what is so great about GTG methods.

Hello,

This is based on habits:
- push ups when I go to the kitchen
- pull ups, push ups, and pistols when I go to the bedroom or toilets

Nonetheless when I want to GTG moves I am not used to, I use a timer (either my phone or my watch)

Kind regards,

Pet'

Im doing 5 sets per day, and I just try to do 3 sets before lunch and 2 sets after. I can count to 3, but more than that and I lose count. Additionally, it has the advantage that by noon most the work has already been done.

In the past I used to do a set every time I went to the kitchen or toilet.

Set the alarm on your phone at the top of each hour. You'll eventually remember why it keeps going off. I do this pretty much every day and it works well...…….once I remember why the heck it went off.

The key to behaviour modification is a good prompt. Experiment and find what works. Good recommendations already listed above

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom