all posts post new thread

Michael's Keto Log

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Hey @Michael Scott what about...
6 oz of protein
a cup or 2 of broccoli or some other veggie you enjoy
and then just adding either coconut oil of butter for your fat

that is pretty much what I do for lunch and dinners...
not sure if it will hit your macros you want.

I like that idea. Thank you for pointing out an easy & simple idea for a meal....

Hey @Michael Scott what about...
6 oz of protein
a cup or 2 of broccoli or some other veggie you enjoy
and then just adding either coconut oil of butter for your fat

that is pretty much what I do for lunch and dinners...
not sure if it will hit your macros you want.

No problem! hope it helps.
I think we (all of us,,, myself included) tend to make it more complicated than it has to be. I struggle trying to keep it as simple as it has to be. There is enough stuff going on in my life to worry about so I try to keep it simple. When I start making it more complicated/sophisticated things start going wrong and I start either getting hurt, feeling "run down" and tired.... and a whole list of things.

May 18

Breakfast:
Large coffee with 1/2 cup of whole milk, 2 tbsp of coconut oil, and 2 scoops of whey protein.
499 calories/35 g fat/12.5 g carbs/35.1 g protein

Lunch:
2 tbsp Vinegar
1/4 cup Cucumber
1/4 cup Red Onions
3 cups Lettuce
1/4 cup Broccoli Florets
2 tbsp Olive Oil

3 tbsp Chipotle Mayo

2 Salmon Patties
979/85.4/13.1/38.3

Dinner:

Last practice of the season for the rugby team, so the board decided to have a meeting afterwards. So we went to one of our former sponsor bars, for drinks. I hadn’t eaten, so I rewarded myself with a bacon cheeseburger with a fried egg on top. I had a couple fries, I had to, they came with the burger. :D;)

Of course, I had a couple beers, and the head coach bought me a double Jameson on the rocks to say thanks for helping out. Then, the team VP bought me one, thankfully my burger came..... Needless to say, I went over my target numbers. I was surprised to see that I wasn’t miles over, but I was mindful what I was eating, so I am not altogether unhappy.

Bacon Cheeseburger
Fried Egg
4 Miller Lite
2 Double Jameson on the rocks
1772/75/63.2/53.3

For the day I consumed the following:
3250 Calories (450 over)
Fat: 195 g (22.78 under) 67% (70% target)
Carbs: 88.8 g (32.8 over) 14% (8% target)
Protein: 126.6 g (27.4 under) 19% (22% target)

Yeah, I went over, but dinner was great. Tomorrow will be a more closely monitored meal plan through the day, as we are going out for dinner with our daughter.

May 19

Breakfast:
Large coffee with 1/2 cup of whole milk, 4 tbsp of coconut oil, and 2 scoops of whey protein.
739 calories/63 g fat/12.5 g carbs/35.1 g protein

Lunch:
2 tbsp Vinegar
1/4 cup Cucumber
1/4 cup Red Onions
3 cups Lettuce
1/4 cup Broccoli Florets
2 tbsp Olive Oil

2 cups hard boiled eggs, chopped
849/70.2/16.2/38.5

Afternoon Snack
2 oz Beef Jerky
160/2/8/22

Dinner:
Baked Walleye, 2 fillets
Oven roasted veggies
Side salad with blue cheese dressing
4 oz Cabernet Sauvignon (it was horrible)
24 oz Pinot Grigio (8 oz at the restaurant & 16 oz at home)
1274/37.1/53/36.4

3022 Calories (222 over)
Fat: 172.3 g (45.48 under) 63% (70% target)
Carbs: 89.7 g (33.7 over) 15% (8% target)
Protein: 132 g (22 under) 22% (22% target)

Yeah, I went over, but dinner was great. Ironically, the oven roasted vegetables were the worst carb I consumed. While I went over, the wine was good, and so were the vegetables. I am not overly upset about today. Tomorrow will probably be worse, as it is our last rugby match of the season, and it is also the day I have marked for carb consumption, good or bad.

Last edited:
May 20

Breakfast:
Large coffee with 1/2 cup of whole milk, 4 tbsp of coconut oil, and 2 scoops of whey protein.

Lunch:
6 oz Buffalo Cheese Dip on two hamburger buns
2 Jalapeno & Cheddar Brats on two hamburger buns
4 Miller Lite
1672/78/128.8/56

Dinner:
2 Low Carb Tortillas
6 oz Chicken thighs, slow cooked in taco seasoning
2 oz Pico de Gallo
4 oz Guacamole
615/36.8/50.4/49

After Dinner
3 glasses of Pinot Grigio

3410 Calories (610 over)
Fat: 177.8 g (39.98 under) 54% (70% target)
Carbs: 201.4 g (145.5 over) 27% (8% target)
Protein: 140.4 g (13.6 under) 19% (22% target)

Today was a train wreck, as planned. I cannot believe I used to consume carbs like this. Sunday I felt like crap, and I was not hungover in the traditional manner. I honestly believe I experienced a carb hangover. I had the energy to do my workout, but I drank 1.5 gallons of water and still felt thirsty today (Monday).

May 21

Breakfast:

Lunch:
After three days of consuming far too many carbs, lunch was not eaten. I did snack on 12 hot & spicy pork rinds, and surprisingly that was enough for the afternoon.
2 oz pork rinds
107/6.7/0/9.3

Dinner:
12 oz Ribeye steak (med rare)
1.5 cups of salad
2 tbsp blue cheese dressing
2 slices of bacon, crumbled
12 oz shrimp seasoned with Old Bay, sautéed with garlic in butter & white wine
1683/107.2/7.9/137.1

After Dinner
3 oz Chocolate Fat Bomb

2934 Calories (134 over)
Fat: 608.8 g (391.02 over) 86% (70% target)
Carbs: 29.4 g (26.6 under) 2% (8% target)
Protein: 184.5 g (30.5 over) 12% (22% target)

I completely miscalculated my calories when I ate the 3 oz Chocolate fat bomb. However, I felt like I really good about what I ate for the day. My breakfast coffee will be undergoing a change. I am adding sugar free non-dairy creamer, zero carbs added to my meals. While I am losing the fat, I will increase the coconut oil to make up for that loss. I should be about dialed in at this point. I do have to watch my calculations better, and make sure I am accurate in what I am logging for my meal plan, and I should be about there.

May 22

Breakfast:
674 calories/59.5 g fat/7 g carbs/30.6 g protein

Lunch:
Grecian Chicken Salad
800/50/20/59

Dinner:
¼ cup diced red pepper
¼ cup diced green pepper
3 tbsp Olive Oil
4 eggs
3 tbsp guacamole
6 oz ribeye steak
1251/103.5/24.4/58.9

2725 Calories (75 under)
Fat: 213 g (4.78 under) 70% (70% target)
Carbs: 51.4 g (4.6 under) 8% (8% target)
Protein: 148.4 g (5.6 under) 22% (22% target)

Good eating day, I hit my numbers percentage-wise, even though I was under on all three categories. Eating dinner is always more satisfying than drinking dinner. While the salad was a bit of an outlier numbers-wise, it was good. I doubt I will hit those numbers with homemade salad. All that means is I will have more calories for dinner.

Yes, that sounds about right, a "light day" is only 4 beers. @ShawnM, got that? Unless they are craft beers, 4 beers constitute a "light day" going forward.

I think you are on to something with that sentence.... when I eat like crap I feel bogged down the next day and crave 'clean food'.
like the 4 beers though.... we will call that a "light day"

@Michael Scott- Got it, 4 beers. Well, I guess after this past weekend I won't be having any beer days, heavy or light. To say I went a little over board on Friday night and Saturday would be an under statement. Lol.

Gentlemen, it is called "Faturday" for a reason........:D;)o_O

Oh man, sitting by the fire makes the cold beers go down like water.... Having fun & living a little, nothing wrong with that at all.
@Michael Scott and @ShawnM I shared in the over consumption on Saturday as well.
sitting a by fire does that to me.... the beers just keep going down, smooth.....
oh well, chalking it up to having fun and living life a little!

Just have one or two Friday Night, enjoy Faturday, and work your butt off on Sunday.
@Michael Scott- Got it, 4 beers. Well, I guess after this past weekend I won't be having any beer days, heavy or light. To say I went a little over board on Friday night and Saturday would be an under statement. Lol.

Forgive me if this is covered elsewhere...

How has your training been impacted by the dietary changes? Adapting from what I assume was a glucose-driven diet to fat/keto diet must've had some kind of adaptation period for your training?

Believe it or not, I did not notice an impact on my training. In fact, the biggest impact I have seen on my training was drinking BCAAs while training. They seemed to help me recover better. Since I mostly train to recovery, any impact on my training changing to a keto diet would have been hard for me to notice.

Forgive me if this is covered elsewhere...

How has your training been impacted by the dietary changes? Adapting from what I assume was a glucose-driven diet to fat/keto diet must've had some kind of adaptation period for your training?

Two days sick, and nothing to report on my diet plan. Other than losing weight from not eating and sweating to death for two days, I wasn't even close to following my diet. I will start up again on Sunday or Monday.

I took a few days off from my keto diet. I cannot believe how many carbs I ate. I am surprised at how easy it is to consume high amounts of carbs, and low amounts of fats. I basically ate like I used to do, no bueno. Today, May 30, I am back on the diet.

Get well soon..sweating to death sucks.

I am warm by nature, so wearing a dri-fit shirt, a sweatshirt, sweatpants, heavy socks & lying under a blanket is torture for me. I had 2 towels underneath me, and I soaked through one, my dri fit & my sweatshirt. Needless to say, everything had to be washed. Fortunately, I broke whatever got ahold of me Thursday evening.

May 30 was not a bad day, until after softball. Damn if beer & pizza don't kill a diet.....

2067 Calories (713 under)
Fat: 75.6 g (142.18 under) 42% (70% target)
Carbs: 129.3 g (73.3 over) 31% (8% target)
Protein: 112.1 g (41.9 under) 27% (22% target)

Time to dial back into this diet. After a week of not following my protocols, it has been rough. Far too many carb have added a few pounds back on, along with not walking and working out.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom