all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Military Press Program

Not_JonB

Level 1 Valued Member
I hope all is well!

Does anyone here have a military press program I could do with S&S on off days?

Or a military press program I could use by itself?

Would y’all recommend doing pull ups super settled with kettlebell military press?

Thank y’all for your posts and advice in advance.

Jon B

If you want to pair it with S&S, I'd recommend something PTTP-styled. 2x5, 3-5 times a week, if your recovery ability allows you to do it.
This is actually the thing I just have started after block of double kettlebell work.

2. What is your main goal? To press a heavier bell or to move up in S and S?

Am curious about this, how would the two different goals change the answer ?

For me, I'd always want to be able to press a heavier bell before I try to TGU with it. I know that many people can and do regularly TGU more than they can press. I'd never want to try - is that approach too conservative ?

Reactions: Ege
Am curious about this, how would the two different goals change the answer ?

For me, I'd always want to be able to press a heavier bell before I try to TGU with it. I know that many people can and do regularly TGU more than they can press. I'd never want to try - is that approach too conservative ?
A good question.. let me film a video discussing this in more detail

1. What size bell are you pressing at the moment ?

2. What is your main goal? To press a heavier bell or to move up in S and S?
1. My 1RM is the 28 each arm.

2. My goal is to own the 32 for S&S, but I'm itching to get in some over over head work and pull ups. I had never heard of a 1 armed KB program until literally this week on a Strongfirst Forum.

I've been hanging out at Timeless Simple since DEC. Narrowing in on Timed Simple. I won't get my heavier kettlebells until April due to the transportation delays etc.... I love doing over head work AND pull ups.

1. My 1RM is the 28 each arm.

2. My goal is to own the 32 for S&S, but I'm itching to get in some over over head work and pull ups. I had never heard of a 1 armed KB program until literally this week on a Strongfirst Forum.

I've been hanging out at Timeless Simple since DEC. Narrowing in on Timed Simple. I won't get my heavier kettlebells until April due to the transportation delays etc.... I love doing over head work AND pull ups.

What I would do..

Stick to S and S 3x a week since you are already at timed simple..

On off days based on your 1rm I'd go 20-24 for iron cardio..

Also, by "owning" you mean being able to do the timed standard any given time or simply being able to do timeless simple whenever you please?

What I would do..

Stick to S and S 3x a week since you are already at timed simple..

On off days based on your 1rm I'd go 20-24 for iron cardio..

Also, by "owning" you mean being able to do the timed standard any given time or simply being able to do timeless simple whenever you please?
What's Iron cardio?

Thank you for taking the time to reply.

Rite of Passage from ETK will give you C&P, Pull Ups, Swings and Snatches. You have 2no variety days to do whatever you like so in your case you could do S&S on these days. Once you are content with your press you could move back to S&S focus.

I've been running military press on GTG alongside S&S which is going well. Boosted 24kg max reps from 2 to 8 and can now press the 28kg for two,
I test my max every fortnight, half the rep count and press 3-5 times throughout the day, currently pressing 24kg for 4 reps each side.
Works well for me as I work from home, but harder if not. Been great to work on form and get comfortable with the load and pattern without feeling tired or beat up by it.

I plan to run ROP later on in the year once I reach Simple and see this as prep for that.

Last summer, after hitting Timeless Simple, I did ROP and did S&S on the variety days. You end up with 4 days a week of swings, 3 days of cleans and presses and pull ups, 2 days of TGUs, and 1 day of snatches. It worked out well.

Back
Top Bottom