all posts post new thread

Training On Lentils

It feels dangerous actually, once the loads get into lower number of reps. Maybe if the bag were longer and the load could hang a bit front and back, but perched up is a bit intimidating for the wrong reasons.

Mine is a bit like that so it hangs actually over the shoulder but still. I saw Steve Justa doing them with barrel in Rock, Iron, Steel so I thought why not with sandbag?

I think that KB DFSq and BB BSq are not as similar as they seems to be. As mentioned earlier DFSq is focused more on the core and double Bulldogs squats are really hard, so don't worry if you can only do a few reps.

I dont know how much back squats would help your double front squats, but I am sure that your legs and core will be stronger when you will start working with barbell on your back. It's king of the lifts after all.

Interesting question you raised: after you finish your barbell cycle I am going to ask you to test your dfsq (y)

Following article is terrific read
The Tight Tan Slacks of Dezso Ban: Strength Training Without Drugs - Anthony Ditillo

It outlines routine that makes you "training six days per week. Three Squat days, three Pull days and Presses are done EVERY DAY that you train. The total number of sets of leg work goes to around 50 per workout, along with close to 30 sets of pressing. This is done three days per week. On alternate days he would do close to 50 sets pulls along with an additional 20 to 30 sets of pressing movements. We should also include the assistance work such as Roman Chair for the abdominals and Hyperextensions for the lower back. These were also done three times per week. "

Nutritional update: I hate to admit it but less alcohol I drink better I feel. Who would believe it?
Same for me. There are no rational reasons for justifying more than a glass of wine or one beer bottle. But it's hard to stop after that.

Well said!

I've gone clean a number of times. Last was when the wife was pregnant w/ twins. I stopped my drinking entirely at about 5-6 months pregnancy and was down to a single drink/day prior. Did not have a drop for over a year - till the kids were sleeping through the night. Had a couple beers watching the Beijing Olympics (Go Phelps!). Up to 3 drinks I don't notice any difference, same with coffee. At 4 and more I begin to feel it overall, but is really individual, with age and mass playing a huge part for most. Andre the Giant was an crazy party animal but probably seldom "drunk" - have you ever seen what a can of beer looked like in his hand?! - smaller than an 8oz can of V8 in mine.

When I was in my 20s I could do some superhuman drinking and lifting, but even then I always had a trigger point for bad hangovers going back to my late teens, self limiting and for that am grateful. Otherwise I might have been good example of Irish proverb "drink takes ...".

I've gone clean a number of times. Last was when the wife was pregnant w/ twins. I stopped my drinking entirely at about 5-6 months pregnancy and was down to a single drink/day prior. Did not have a drop for over a year - till the kids were sleeping through the night. Had a couple beers watching the Beijing Olympics (Go Phelps!). Up to 3 drinks I don't notice any difference, same with coffee. At 4 and more I begin to feel it overall, but is really individual, with age and mass playing a huge part for most. Andre the Giant was an crazy party animal but probably seldom "drunk" - have you ever seen what a can of beer looked like in his hand?! - smaller than an 8oz can of V8 in mine.

When I was in my 20s I could do some superhuman drinking and lifting, but even then I always had a trigger point for bad hangovers going back to my late teens, self limiting and for that am grateful. Otherwise I might have been good example of Irish proverb "drink takes ...".

Was also thinking about going completely dry but that's not necessary I think. At least now.

I've checked Andre the Giant and yeah the guy must've had giant livers and kidneys too!

I remember reading interview with Ed Coan where he says he does not drink coffee and also no alcohol at all. Maybe those goodies are not that important for being strong as I'd like to think.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom