all posts post new thread

Training On Lentils

W7D3 "turn hangover day into intensity day"
Should have done sets of 6 for press and dfsq. To prevent throwing out during dfsq sets
I decided for a merely couple of sets with 40s for presses and swings instead.

Swings were really fun:

Last edited:
W8D3, 20 min, sets of 8
dswings 10 x 8
Note: Last time did not finish full 10 sets; this time yes.
Last month of the program in a front of me which means a lot of press+dfsq
complexes to RM and sets of 10 of double swings.

Last edited:
I slacked somehow in a logging but the bells were in a good use.

Time for wrap up the Kettlebell Bodybuilding program. Unfortunately, I had to pass on the 12th (last)
week of the program as I got sick (rest of the family was coughing on me intensively for a couple of weeks).
I am recovering and reflecting now:

1) It was tough and I pushed it every workout
2) I really liked those double swings. I think they are as close to barbell deadlift as one can get merely with bells.
3) Pronounced hypertrophy of lats, shoulders, triceps and legs, so yes, the program as a whole worked. It would have
worked even better if I focused on a proper nutrition (which I didn't).
4) Most importantly: I got stronger, especially in a lower body: cleaning of double 40s is much easier
and did sets of 5 of dfsq with them.
5) I think it is a good idea to spend some weeks doing program like that every year: you get some muscles and
test your intestinal fortitude, both of which are good things I believe.

I am now thinking about the next step. Not sure yet what exactly it is going to be. Easy Reg Park @damogari does seem
to be pretty interesting.

Last edited:
2) I really liked those double swings. I think they are as close to barbell deadlift as one can get merely with bells.
I am not a fan of swings, but maybe I will try the double version after ERP. Comparison to DL sounds exciting.

Not sure yet what exactly it is going to be. Easy Reg Park @damogari does seems
to be pretty interesting.
Its too soon to tell more but I really like it. One thing that can be a problem is the lack of inbetween bells (36, 44), but I will figure something out to feel the difference between light and medium days.

see-saw + dbl press 5+5 32s
3 x (1snatch + 1press + 5dfsq) 32s
1hs 10x5 40

I think I'll focus on a heavy unilateral lifts in a next weeks,
i.e. mostly swings, presses and/or TGUs with 40 kg bell.

Back
Top Bottom