all posts post new thread

Training On Lentils

I continue to lift 32/40 doubles, esp. presses (double, see-saw), squats, and simple complexes (e.g. thrusters).
I utilize also dumbbell - yesterday I did 30 singles of c&p per arm w/ 32 kg DB.

40 kg KB finally arrived!
Test: 1 x 4 dbl press 40 + 40
On-line rep calculator says it's 90% of 1RM, i.e. it's a strong medicine! It calls for

Heavy singles program
1) Going from 4 to 10 singles, then incorporate doubles, etc.
2) Alternating a) press day and b) squat day, three times a week
3) See what happens, haha.

Today:
a) 4 x 1 press 40 + 40

Nice!

Do you plan to train six times a week or three times a week? As in three press days and three squat days a week or alternate for three times a week in total.

Sorry I missed that double Bulldog party! Four reps at first try! How awesome is that?

I will follow your heavy singles plan, was thinking about something similar when I get my second 40kg. I planned to buy it after summer but I am not sure I will last that long!

@damogari thanks and don't last that long:)! It'd be even more fun if you did something similar alongside. After all, we both shoot for a double beast (or 100 kg barbell) press, right !?

My shoulders gave me a reminder this morning that I should include some
pulling movements to counteract all that pressing. Not really surprising
cos I know that I can do 20 push ups, 40 bw squats, but 0 (ZERO) pull ups.
My 270 pounds of weight could be an excuse but it really isn't.

I'd like to figure out the way how to do bw rows (fatman pull ups) in a homemade setting.
Of course, I can also do KB or DB bent over rows.

I think the 40kg kettlebells could suit you fine, especially if the rows are more of an accessory. I have done rows with kettlebells up to 40kg and with a bar around 100kg. They have worked well to balance things out for me. Before I started doing rows I could feel some discomfort around my shoulders, especially if I were a lot on a computer.

Last edited:
@Antti Thanks for advice! I think I am actually in the same situation you've described - so far nothing more than some slight discomfort
but I do not want to let it go. I want to hang with lifting as I like it more and more.

Back
Top Bottom