After holiday, I am back with vengeance. And starting (dziekuji @damogari !):

bROP (ROP with bulldog)
- presses 40 kg
- one hand swings 32 kg
- snatches 24 kg
- variety days will most likely be nil, but let's see

21.8.2017 light
3 x 1 c&p
5 min snatch test - just to assess what I am up to with my cardio.
With paltry 67 reps I am s*** on a following scale: s***, suck, good, great.

Last edited:
Suddenly I want to do the ROP, but I can resist the temptation... can I?... must resist.

Suddenly I want to do the ROP, but I can resist the temptation... can I?... must resist.

Let it go! Out of the all programs I ever did I like ROP the most.
- it's quite flexible: you can do anything from merely two or three exercises to endless variety
- you get strength from presses and conditioning from swings/snatches
- heavy/light/medium structure prevents monotony
- there is a clear transfer from presses to TGUs (not so clear other way around)
- etc.

@Mirek, I've tried ROP in the past - before S&S was written - but I never did achieved that half bodyweight press or SSST snatch test results. I've committed to S&S until Simple Standard and propably carry on beyond that. My biggest bell is bulldog and not planning to buy bigger ones, so at some point I'll come back to ROP. And I don't want to give an expression to people that I'm changing program all the time and can't make up my mind.:)

@Mirek, I've tried ROP in the past - before S&S was written - but I never did achieved that half bodyweight press or SSST snatch test results. I've committed to S&S until Simple Standard and propably carry on beyond that. My biggest bell is bulldog and not planning to buy bigger ones, so at some point I'll come back to ROP. And I don't want to give an expression to people that I'm changing program all the time and can't make up my mind.:)

Most people don't get both ROP goals after only one round, I think - I know I did not. But I agree that
once you've reached Simple you'll be at better position to tackle those goals.

Most people don't get both ROP goals after only one round, I think - I know I did not. But I agree that
once you've reached Simple you'll be at better position to tackle those goals.
You're right. I think I rushed too early from PM to ROP. I should have milked the benefits of PM farther than I did and I regret that. I want my shoulders to be ready for those long pressing sessions and to be honest, I don't have enough resourses to do ROP at the moment. Stress, injury and not enough sleep. I have to really own Simple first and get my stuff in order.

You're right. I think I rushed too early from PM to ROP. I should have milked the benefits of PM farther than I did and I regret that. I want my shoulders to be ready for those long pressing sessions and to be honest, I don't have enough resourses to do ROP at the moment. Stress, injury and not enough sleep. I have to really own Simple first and get my stuff in order.

Yeah, I feel for you.
Our small one is usually continuously sick from September to March pretty much every year. That usually means
quite disturbed sleep/work/relax patterns. The time is quickly approaching but I am not losing hope that THIS YEAR
is going to be better haha.

Yeah, I feel for you.
Our small one is usually continuously sick from September to March pretty much every year. That usually means
quite disturbed sleep/work/relax patterns. The time is quickly approaching but I am not losing hope that THIS YEAR
is going to be better haha.
Then Kippis and power to both of us!:)

26.8.2017 heavy
3 x (1, 2, 3) c&p
1HS 9 min 76 reps (Are you kidding me? Is that suppose to be an all out effort?! Yes, unfortunately...)
Note: tough times ahead

End of 1st week

I just finished my 4th week of ROP with the 32kg. The heavy days are already a fight! Good luck completing it with the bulldog! I am simply hoping to press the 40kg for a single at the end of this cycle which would be my half bw press.

I just finished my 4th week of ROP with the 32kg. The heavy days are already a fight! Good luck completing it with the bulldog! I am simply hoping to press the 40kg for a single at the end of this cycle which would be my half bw press.

Thank you! I also wish you all the best with ROP! You might be surprised by your pressing strength after completing ROP :)

Back
Top Bottom