all posts post new thread

Training On Lentils

@damogari @masa I've used "beer" + "strength" keywords in a Google search. Out of the all pictures that came out of it I like this one the most.
But I certainly hope to really drink this Double IPA in the future.

Actually, for Guinness, there is also couple of old school and strength celebrating adds but I am not a big fan of stouts.

I used to drink stouts in the past, but not that much anymore. Same with IPAs. Many of those are good, but sometimes I feel that adding hop to those has got out of hand. I prefer most Belgian monastery and abbey beers. Strong by volume and moderately hopped. Many bocks and dobbelbocks are good too.

I used to drink stouts in the past, but not that much anymore. Same with IPAs. Many of those are good, but sometimes I feel that adding hop to those has got out of hand. I prefer most Belgian monastery and abbey beers. Strong by volume and moderately hopped. Many bocks and dobbelbocks are good too.

I see that we are sharing quite a similar beer taste! Being Czech, I was weened on pils types of beer but eventually widened my
repertoire. I agree that Bocks and all these Leffe's etc are great. What I also like are German Hefe-weizen beers, those cloudy
"fluid breads". A couple of these can be a meal by itself ;)

I have brewed beer in the past myself and planning to revive my old hobby soon. I managed to do quite good replica of Duvel beer, which I like a lot. Sadly those are expensive here in Finland and it was the one reason for home brewing.

Your press is going to be crazy strong after completing ROP with the 40kg. I'm going to be very happy to complete it with the 32kg. I'm guessing you can already press the beast each side fairly easily?

Your press is going to be crazy strong after completing ROP with the 40kg. I'm going to be very happy to complete it with the 32kg. I'm guessing you can already press the beast each side fairly easily?

If I am able to complete the whole ROP using 40 kg, which is a big question by itself, then hopefully yes!
Regarding beast press, I actually do not have one and never even touched the 48 kg bell, but I pressed stacked 32kg + 16kg bells
after completing ROP with 32 kg.

Last edited:
How do you like the snatches? I've never developed the taste for them. But I'm a lazy bum. Cleans and presses always felt the best to me.

11.9.2017 light
5 x (1,2) press
snatch 10 x 5 32 kg
Note: Did press instead of c&p as the book recommends them for light days.
Also tried snatching 32 kg bell - love how light the "dvukhpudovnik" feels after playing with bulldog.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom