all posts post new thread

Training On Lentils

Did I get it right that you're using two 32kg kettlebells? Do you clean the kettlebells once a set? So that it was 28 cleans in this first session? How do you find the front squats and where do you find they tax you the most?

Answer to the first three questions is unequivocal YES! In re front squats, core seems to be the most taxed part.
And I am looking forward to double swings!

Answer to the first three questions is unequivocal YES! In re front squats, core seems to be the most taxed part.
And I am looking forward to double swings!

I've only done double 24s myself. They were a nice weight but ultimately too light for my tastes. Had I bought myself a second 32, I believe I'd have been content in my programming for longer. I did a lot of front squats and presses with them. I didn't really like the cleans as the stance had to be so wide but it may be a question of habit. It will be interesting to see how you like the swings. I think 28 cleans with those double bells is a nice bit of exercise in itself.

I've only done double 24s myself. They were a nice weight but ultimately too light for my tastes. Had I bought myself a second 32, I believe I'd have been content in my programming for longer. I did a lot of front squats and presses with them. I didn't really like the cleans as the stance had to be so wide but it may be a question of habit. It will be interesting to see how you like the swings. I think 28 cleans with those double bells is a nice bit of exercise in itself.

I imagine for a strong guy like you the 24's must have become too light too soon!

Cleans are fine for me as I have relatively long arms/legs but still I narrow stance after
them, esp. before front squats.

Diet aside: Since I became "bodybuilding" program I thought it might be appropriate to
somewhat adjust my diet to support building of muscles. I figured out this simple approach:
everyday I eat 2 packs (200 g each) of cottage cheese (körniger Frischkäse) on the top of my
normal food consumption. This gives me extra 50 g of protein.

W3D1 30 mins, sets of 3
12x3 dfsq
12x3 dpress
Note: Pretty close to puking but nice workout after all.

Last edited:
There are A-(squat, press) and B-(swing) days. A-30 minutes, B-20 minutes, and this is the same for the whole 12 weeks.

Is blindness a symptom of overtraining? Maybe I should take a rest day. I didn't really sleep well at all last night.

Do you do one set at a minute or how do you regulate how long the sets take? Training like that is dangerously close to cardio. One might almost get a sweat.

Is blindness a symptom of overtraining? Maybe I should take a rest day. I didn't really sleep well at all last night.

Unless you drank a lot of cheap Koskenkorva, then the blindness will go away.

Do you do one set at a minute or how do you regulate how long the sets take?

I transformed time into the walking pace between the sets - length of a basement and back is my current measure.

Training like that is dangerously close to cardio. One might almost get a sweat.

True, but training either 20 or 30 minutes 3 times a week, one has to push it I believe. The mindful practice followed by yoga or some-such
won't most likely do a damn. And yes, I sweat like a pig (or two).

2*32kg to forehead height? Impressive strength. Have you tried 2*40kg to hip height?

Thanks for compliment but for me an impressive strength is 200 kg squat and 250 kg deadlift.

But I believe that once I'll be able to work routinely with double 40s I'll be 'passably strong'.

edit: I haven't tried to swing 40s but that sounds like a good test after finishing current program.

Last edited:
I agree with @Antti, those kind of swings are really hard! If you can manage to swing continuously to that height I think you are ready for double snatches with them. I think that I could do a few of those swings and maybe a snatch, but doing this for multiple sets is out of my league now. You are Strong @Mirek!

I agree with @Antti, those kind of swings are really hard! If you can manage to swing continuously to that height I think you are ready for double snatches with them. I think that I could do a few of those swings and maybe a snatch, but doing this for multiple sets is out of my league now. You are Strong @Mirek!

Thanks, you are too kind. Currently I swing them 'continuously' for whopping 4-6 reps. By the end of next week I am supposed to test
a max number of swings so let's see. I've got actually couple of reps on double snatch but they probably didn't look very nice.

Back
Top Bottom