all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed Mitochondria slow vs fast fibers

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
and there is now more evidence that fibers can migrate along that spectrum, at least to some extent, due to epigenetics.

Seems so. My understanding too coming as it does from the research by Andy Galpin.
6 , maybe 7?, different types identified so far.

However, but and maybe....there is a big issue here....the correct spelling is fibre.

@Harald Motz ; could you please shed more light for us mortals? What does this mean for Q&D? Does it mean, at least the objective of Q&D is attainable ?
Best;

Ege
According to Q&D there is build up of mito in fast fibers, making them 'more aerobic'. Generally it is said, that slow fibers are the ones with the most mito. I found it pretty interesting, that the study I posted found, that the fast fibers seem to have as much or sometimes even more mito than the slow ones.

For Q&D I always found, that the objective is pretty spot on. I have been using Q&D principles for almost 4 years now pretty consistently with swings, snatches, jumps, dips and pushups multiple times a week. It's an evergreen I keep on employing as it is practical, focused and sustainable.

The poster boy of a fast twitch aerobic android in my opinion would be a Denis Vasiliev. Imagine how much lactate he builds in a ten minute set while having the ability to use it immediately for fuel...unbelievable.

Last week he posted with regards to the rogue 24k snatch callenge a ten minute set of 276 reps - he seemed to be sad about that and did a second atempt with 279 the 280th rep was a no count: not within 10 min. The second was 3 hours after the first. What the f... so this would be a very interesting guy to examine.

According to Q&D there is build up of mito in fast fibers, making them 'more aerobic'. Generally it is said, that slow fibers are the ones with the most mito. I found it pretty interesting, that the study I posted found, that the fast fibers seem to have as much or sometimes even more mito than the slow ones.

For Q&D I always found, that the objective is pretty spot on. I have been using Q&D principles for almost 4 years now pretty consistently with swings, snatches, jumps, dips and pushups multiple times a week. It's an evergreen I keep on employing as it is practical, focused and sustainable.

The poster boy of a fast twitch aerobic android in my opinion would be a Denis Vasiliev. Imagine how much lactate he builds in a ten minute set while having the ability to use it immediately for fuel...unbelievable.

Last week he posted with regards to the rogue 24k snatch callenge a ten minute set of 276 reps - he seemed to be sad about that and did a second atempt with 279 the 280th rep was a no count: not within 10 min. The second was 3 hours after the first. What the f... so this would be a very interesting guy to examine.
Thanks for your answer!

I think your interpretation is correct.

I'm also trying to discern if there is some implied mechanism of waved loading of the power curve inherent in cross country skiing where the legs generate a semi-explosive "push" using faster twitch muscles, and the arms add additional energy on top of that in a less explosive fashion as part of the propulsion dynamics.

I don't know enough about cross country skiing kinematics, but I do know that happens in rowing.
When these guys are sprinting they demonstrate some pretty impressive upper body explosiveness.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom