all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Mixing KN and Dumbbell

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Bobthenob

First Post
So I am new to kettlebells and loving it during lockdown. I also got some clubbella and loving that.

The one thing whenever uou go on forums or salearch on google is tkunare either commoittes to kettlebell or somethig elae such as dumbbell. It is all one or the all the other almost likenhou have to pick sides.

However I like to use kbs mainly but sometimes when working from home and done my daily
kb workout, Inlike to set a timer for once every half or and do a quick set of dumbbell benchpress - grease the groove - sonwhat are people
thoughts on doing a program that mixes kbs and dbs rather than having tompick sides

Bob,
I think, probably, a lot of people around here do both kettlebells and more traditional barbell and dumbbell work.

I will often do 'circuit'-type workouts with barbell, dumbbell, (sometimes bands), and kettlebell exercises in the rotation.

Excellent thanks Boris - yes I think it is good to mix it up a bit - can't do any harm and probably does more good than just sticking to one thing all the time.

I am new to KBs and doing swings, TGUs, clean press, squats, deadlifts on alternating each on light heavy days and warm up with round the world and halos. I also got some clubbells and do a day on inner/outer swings, pendulums, shield casts - looking for more moves to add. But good to mix it up a bit and so I ordered some Ironmaster adjustable Dbs , super bench with dip/pull up attachments. So when these arrive I want to include these for variety etc and I also recently got a jump rope and great fun practicing all those moves then you look at the iphone and se you just burnt about 400 cals.....I also just ordered a hydrocore bag from onnit and so looking for bulgarian bag exercises

So I am new to kettlebells and loving it during lockdown. I also got some clubbella and loving that.

The one thing whenever uou go on forums or salearch on google is tkunare either commoittes to kettlebell or somethig elae such as dumbbell. It is all one or the all the other almost likenhou have to pick sides.

However I like to use kbs mainly but sometimes when working from home and done my daily
kb workout, Inlike to set a timer for once every half or and do a quick set of dumbbell benchpress - grease the groove - sonwhat are people
thoughts on doing a program that mixes kbs and dbs rather than having tompick sides

Kettlebells are great. Barbells are great. Dumbbells are great.

Note on dumbbells: I am working on bringing back the true dumbbell lifting. Check out some sneak previews at http://simplexstrong.com

At times I have used my Ironmind "big boy" dumbbell handles exclusively and put my kettlebells away. They have a different feel and frankly are quite effective. I actually did the kettlebell strong program using 2 dumbbells. I was trying to complete the "Sig Klein Challenge"...2 75 lb dummbells for 12 reps in the clean and press. Figured it would be easy because at the time I could do 2 36 kg kbells for about 12. I was wrong big time! I found the dumbbells harder by quite a bit....so I did kettlebell strong except it was "dumbbell strong" and it worked like a charm.....went from 7 reps to 13!

My point is that using dumbbells can be a nice change of pace!

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom