all posts post new thread

Kettlebell MKM?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
I ran "The Up and Over" as chains from May to July and was very pleased with the outcome. Got stronger and lost about 8 pounds. I started the program probably at a caloric neutral and slowly got into the rhythm of eating less. Was pretty pleased with the outcome.

I took 2 weeks off to move and do some small home renovation then jumped into The Wolf. Really pleased with the results I'm seeing from the Wolf so far. Have about 3 more weeks left. After The Wolf I'll take maybe 3 weeks off from Double KB work and then jump into The Giant. The Wolf exposed my weak presses. So I want to work on that.

I'm thinking about running The Long Haul or Ballistic Beatdown in the winter/colder months to ward off any holiday weight that might be shadow boxing in the corner ready to pounce.
That is a nasty complex as a chain. Memorable how hard heavy day was. Great work.

Kev, good plan. Run the next program as a chain. The two jerk ones at the end are great. My only pro tip is, do the Basic before you dive into the Long Haul. It gives you an indication of what you're getting into. The only one I can't finish is the A + P. That's for mutants. The high pulls, kill your grip.

Have you ever done “Goerners chain”? That’s a good yin if you have multiple bells.
I am not familiar with the "Goerners Chain" that you speak of? What is it? Where can I find it?

Just the way you write it, it sounds intriguing!

Which program/book has the mobility exercises please ?
He has them in the videos of the kettlebell moves for Strong! I believe it is in Disc 2 where he discusses how to do the Jerk. And how to prepare to do the Jerk.

I am really taking my time to pattern the Jerk properly. I won't start Ballistic Beatdown until after I finish Strong! in October. So I'm doing GN's suggested mobility exercises, patterning the full move with broom stick, and doing the 1/4 OH Squats and Jerk Starts. I won't load the Jerk with kettlebells until September. I am being patient, which is typically not how I do things.

I am not familiar with the "Goerners Chain" that you speak of? What is it? Where can I find it?

Just the way you write it, it sounds intriguing!
If you type in Goerners chain on YouTube you’ll find Zach Evan Esh and Dave Whitley demonstrating it on top of a car park randomly. However it is Snatch-press-clean-push press left and then right done as a descending weight ladder. So if you have a 16kg, 20kg, 24kg, 28kg and 32kg lined up you’d start with the 32kg down to the 16kg or whatever weights you own. Goerner apparently frequented a gym with 50 kettlebells and he’d work through them all from heaviest to lightest.

Got a cool wee calorie counter app on my phone.
I've been using this app called "Lose It!". It's been helping me gauge what my calories/macro's are looking like. I like it because it has a lot of the foods I eat logged, and you can scan bar codes to get the nutrition info logged. I haven't been this disciplined with eating in a long time, and there's still work to do.

I must say I like your plan of running a month of The Giant and then running something MKM, then repeat. Something about running an autoregulated then complex seems like a good way to keep things fresh.

What were your results from Wolf? I might run it next
With pretty diligent eating I've been noticing some great results thus far. I'm still 3 weeks from finishing but can notice some differences. My legs are getting stronger and beefier, and walking upstairs is a breeze. Arms and Shoulders are getting more defined as well. I'm running it with 2x20kg's and it seems to me the perfect weight for this.

That is a nasty complex as a chain. Memorable how hard heavy day was. Great work.

Kev, good plan. Run the next program as a chain. The two jerk ones at the end are great. My only pro tip is, do the Basic before you dive into the Long Haul. It gives you an indication of what you're getting into. The only one I can't finish is the A + P. That's for mutants. The high pulls, kill your grip.
Thanks! Heavy days were rough! I ran it with 2x16kg's, which was an ideal weight for me to start and complete the program.

I've been using this app called "Lose It!". It's been helping me gauge what my calories/macro's are looking like. I like it because it has a lot of the foods I eat logged, and you can scan bar codes to get the nutrition info logged. I haven't been this disciplined with eating in a long time, and there's still work to do.

I must say I like your plan of running a month of The Giant and then running something MKM, then repeat. Something about running an autoregulated then complex seems like a good way to keep things fresh.

With pretty diligent eating I've been noticing some great results thus far. I'm still 3 weeks from finishing but can notice some differences. My legs are getting stronger and beefier, and walking upstairs is a breeze. Arms and Shoulders are getting more defined as well. I'm running it with 2x20kg's and it seems to me the perfect weight for this.
This one’s the same with the bar code etc. Realised my portions over the years have been pretty gluttonous if I’m honest. I do 16:8 for example and I’m now wondering that maybe frequent small meals is an idea. I’m 16:8 today and according to this app, lol, I’ve spared 1 calorie lol. Winning mate! Winning!

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom