all posts post new thread

Kettlebell MKM?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Kev

Level 6 Valued Member
Just finished the shoulder smoker and the next program is the Olympic. What did people do who have this book? Did you go straight into another 6 weeks or do something else from Geoffs repertoire such as KSK or something from express or the Giant? I was just going to go into the next cycle of complexes but I’m interested in any input. Respectfully though I’m not into A+A this or Q+D that or S+S. I know people love these and more power to them but I’m specifically interested in Geoffs stuff and how people got on. Thanks in advance.

I did the WOLF after a few blocks of STRONG. Then I tried Row you Don't. Every one of Geoff's programs are just "FUN" to me.
So you continued with MKM stuff? Okay that’s one vote for that and you’ve mentioned “strong” which has tantalised me for quite a while now. Though I don’t own it yet.

Last edited:
As the heaviest bells I’m about to have access to for the next little while are 24s - which are my double MP (single clean) 14RM - I thought I’d hammer some fat loss and conditioning (with hypertrophy always welcome), so I’m currently tossing up between the Wolf or a very light, high volume Giant. If I go with the Wolf, I’ll probably chase it with a more upper-body-focused complex from MKM.

What are you aiming for goal-wise? I know Geoff says not to use complexes for more than 18 weeks in a row, so it probably depends what tickles your fancy.

I went from Strong! to the Wolf, I am now in week 3 of Naked Warrior. The thought of going into another 6 weeks of complexes after finishing the Wolf is just too much for me. I will likely go back to a complex in the near future, but it was just too much for me to do 2 in a row.
Me too!

Just finished the shoulder smoker and the next program is the Olympic. What did people do who have this book? Did you go straight into another 6 weeks or do something else from Geoffs repertoire such as KSK or something from express or the Giant? I was just going to go into the next cycle of complexes but I’m interested in any input. Respectfully though I’m not into A+A this or Q+D that or S+S. I know people love these and more power to them but I’m specifically interested in Geoffs stuff and how people got on. Thanks in advance.
Last year I did the 12 weeks of Kettlebell Muscle. Did Strong for seven months last year and into the end the Jan this year. I did a few weeks of DFW and then I did the Wolf this past Spring before a vacation of hiking in the Rocky Mountains.
Currently I’m in Giant 3.0.
Those complexes are just too killer for me to do two in a row, though I did do the 12 weeks of KM.
I will absolutely do another some day, probably will do The Long Haul (which I think is nine week) next year before vacation again.
I’m in the U.S. so I realize our seasons are different.

Last year I did the 12 weeks of Kettlebell Muscle. Did Strong for seven months last year and into the end the Jan this year. I did a few weeks of DFW and then I did the Wolf this past Spring before a vacation of hiking in the Rocky Mountains.
Currently I’m in Giant 3.0.
Those complexes are just too killer for me to do two in a row, though I did do the 12 weeks of KM.
I will absolutely do another some day, probably will do The Long Haul (which I think is nine week) next year before vacation again.
I’m in the U.S. so I realize our seasons are different.
Long Haul looks absolutely brutal, do a write up if you run it!

If I get to vote, because I haven't done it yet.....

I am half way done with Phase 2 of Strong. When I finish all 3 Phases of Strong , I plan to have a go with Ballistic Beat Down.

I am using this time to get ready for the moves in Beat Down. I am especially working on patterning the Jerk. (Because I've never done a program that had it yet) I am working on GN's mobility moves to get ready for the Jerk. I am also doing 1/4 OH Squats and Jerk Starts. I am patterning the full movement first unloaded and then with a broom stick. In September I plan to patern the full Jerk with 12k and then 16k bells. I am also running a chain of DSwing, DHP, and DSnatch with 20k bells.

Last edited:

I am half way done with Phase 2 of Strong. When I finish all 3 Phases of Strong , I plan to have a go with Ballistic Beat Down.

I am using this time to get ready for the moves in Beat Down. I am especially working on patterning the Jerk. (Because I've never done a program that had it yet) I am working on GN's mobility moves to get ready for the Jerk. I am also doing 1/4 OH Squats and Jerk Starts. I am patterning the full movement first unloaded and then with a broom stick. In September I plan to patern the full Jerk with 12k and then 16k bells. I am also running a chain of DS, DHP, and DS with 20k bells.
I think I’m going with the giant. The 4 week block of 1.0, then one of Geoff’s complexes, then 1.1, then complexes etc and see how that works out for me. Giant will be with 2x28kg. Any time I’ve ran the giant I’ve also had dips and chins and grip work in the mix because I like dips and chins and grip work. I’ll possibly buy Strong because like I say that’s interested me for a while. If I can’t face complexes for whatever reason, it will be KSK in the mix instead.

Last edited:
I think I’m going with the giant. The 4 week block of 1.0, then one of Geoff’s complexes, then 1.1, then complexes etc and see how that works out for me. Giant will be with 2x28kg. Any time I’ve ran the giant I’ve also had dips and chins and grip work in the mix because I like dips and chins and grip work. I’ll possibly buy Strong because like I say that’s interested me for a while. If I can’t face complexes for whatever reason, it will be KSK in the mix instead.
I also love C&P, dips and chins and have been looking at a way to incorporate them together for quite a while. Geoff's new program Easy Muscle is exactly that. Plus squats. You should take a look.

I ran "The Up and Over" as chains from May to July and was very pleased with the outcome. Got stronger and lost about 8 pounds. I started the program probably at a caloric neutral and slowly got into the rhythm of eating less. Was pretty pleased with the outcome.

I took 2 weeks off to move and do some small home renovation then jumped into The Wolf. Really pleased with the results I'm seeing from the Wolf so far. Have about 3 more weeks left. After The Wolf I'll take maybe 3 weeks off from Double KB work and then jump into The Giant. The Wolf exposed my weak presses. So I want to work on that.

I'm thinking about running The Long Haul or Ballistic Beatdown in the winter/colder months to ward off any holiday weight that might be shadow boxing in the corner ready to pounce.

Last edited:
I ran "The Up and Over" as chains from May to July and was very pleased with the outcome. Got stronger and lost about 8 pounds. I started the program probably at a caloric neutral and slowly got into the rhythm of eating less. Was pretty pleased with the outcome.

I took 2 weeks off to move and do some small home renovation then jumped into The Wolf. Really pleased with the results I'm seeing from the Wolf so far. Have about 3 more weeks left. After The Wolf I'll take maybe 3 weeks off from Double KB work and then jump into The Giant. The Wolf exposed my weak presses. So I want to work on that.

I'm thinking about running The Long Haul or Ballistic Beatdown in the winter/colder months to ward off any holiday weight that might be shadow boxing in the corner ready to pounce.
What were your results from Wolf? I might run it next

As the heaviest bells I’m about to have access to for the next little while are 24s - which are my double MP (single clean) 14RM - I thought I’d hammer some fat loss and conditioning (with hypertrophy always welcome), so I’m currently tossing up between the Wolf or a very light, high volume Giant. If I go with the Wolf, I’ll probably chase it with a more upper-body-focused complex from MKM.

What are you aiming for goal-wise? I know Geoff says not to use complexes for more than 18 weeks in a row, so it probably depends what tickles your fancy.
I just like to hammer myself mate. If I want beef to evaporate I’ll lay off the adult beverages and empire biscuits. If I want to beef up I’ll up calories. I just like the training. The road is better than the inn and all that jazz. 6 weeks of shoulder smoker and my 8 mile run yesterday over 400 feet elevation was like “meh I’m now going to do 8 miles 3 x a week”. I’m absolutely gagging to get home today and start the giant again so that’s my mind made up. Giant 1.0 for the 4 weeks and either some fiendish evil from MKM for 6 weeks or the KSK. Then Giant 1.1…… lather, rinse and repeat.

I am using this time to get ready for the moves in Beat Down. I am especially working on patterning the Jerk. (Because I've never done a program that had it yet) I am working on GN's mobility moves to get ready for the Jerk. I am also doing 1/4 OH Squats and Jerk Starts. I am patterning the full movement first unloaded and then with a broom stick. In September I plan to patern the full Jerk with 12k and then 16k bells. I am also running a chain of DSwing, DHP, and DSnatch with 20k bells.
Have you ever done “Goerners chain”? That’s a good yin if you have multiple bells.

Got a cool wee calorie counter app on my phone.

I also love C&P, dips and chins and have been looking at a way to incorporate them together for quite a while. Geoff's new program Easy Muscle is exactly that. Plus squats. You should take a look.
I just batter them in after the Giant and employ a same but different approach. So I’ll dip, ring dip and weighted dip as a rotation. Chins and pull-ups follow a similar approach though I’m not strong enough for weighted chins or pulls. I do own several climber implements that have paracord on them balls, cylinders, finger holds, pinch hub that I utterly love to hang from my chin bar and do chin-ups. Grip grip grip destruction. Squats I’m still a bit funny with. I was heavily into barbell squats and got a small hernia in my bellybutton. Squats are the only thing that messes with it (sometimes sneezing). I’ve had to really change how I brace and breathe. So I will throw these in for low reps. I mean I can rack my 2x32kg and squat it just feels bloody weird.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom