all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed MMA or BJJ or Muay Thai ?

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Going to my first class of bjj tomorrow night. I'm nervous and excited.

My only problem is, for years Thursday nights have been drinking beer at our garage with all our construction friends... Hell my 83 year old high school shop teacher drinks with us now. The last year i've cut back a lot with drinking, but now I won't be having any beers and I'll have to leave by 6:45pm... But my view on life, is you have to evolve or you will never better yourself.... But those rare late nights, I maybe be able to make it back for a couple beers.

My only problem is, for years Thursday nights have been drinking beer at our garage with all our construction friends... Hell my 83 year old high school shop teacher drinks with us now. The last year i've cut back a lot with drinking, but now I won't be having any beers and I'll have to leave by 6:45pm... But my view on life, is you have to evolve or you will never better yourself.... But those rare late nights, I maybe be able to make it back for a couple beers.
They'll taste a lot better this way...

I did MT for 8 years and Krav Maga for 2 years then, unfortunately I was lured in to powerlifting.

Will make a MT comeback after the summer If covid subsides.

Try it out, its great fun. Ive seen in the thread about head health. Every one trains ar their level and "just" kicking/punching pads is all you need together with The the reglar MT conditioning.

Just make sure not to eat within 90-120 minutes before class or it can be eventful.............not in a good way.

Good luck. My advice, is to try and relax as much as possible. Try not to be stiff as a board and don't try to muscle everything. Try to use the least amount of muscle as possible with no tension when learning the moves and rolling. Nothing worse than a spastic white belt that wants to prove something even though they know nothing, yet. Just relax and listen, don't push too hard, and you'll have fun.

^
Just make sure not to eat within 90-120 minutes before class or it can be eventful.............not in a good way.
Already planning on that.

Unfortunately I may have to reschedule for Tuesday.. Something just came up. Just gives me more time to prepare. A month ago when i emailed, they said I could maybe borrow a GI.... But what should i wear, some sorta underarmour pants and white t shirt?

Good luck. My advice, is to try and relax as much as possible. Try not to be stiff as a board and don't try to muscle everything. Try to use the least amount of muscle as possible with no tension when learning the moves and rolling. Nothing worse than a spastic white belt that wants to prove something even though they know nothing, yet. Just relax and listen, don't push too hard, and you'll have fun.
Thank you, i'm not one of those guys.. I stay humble... Even when I know what i m doing i don't let it be known.... Never let people read you, especially someone you're about to fight.

^

Already planning on that.

Unfortunately I may have to reschedule for Tuesday.. Something just came up. Just gives me more time to prepare. A month ago when i emailed, they said I could maybe borrow a GI.... But what should i wear, some sorta underarmour pants and white t shirt?
Yeah, gym shorts and a t-shirt will work fine. I use Under Armour shirts and tights but I'm a million years old and have a groin sleeve and two knee sleeves on when I train so I need the calf length tights.

Just came back from first class, instructor wanted me to watch because i had no GI... I was told i'd be provided one, but whatever, there was a girl who's first class it was too and she got to try it.. Not sure why.... it was interesting to watch. Everyone was nice and respectful of each other.

Looking forward to going back and actually trying it.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom