all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed Mobility for a Man With a Desk Job

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Hello everybody,
This is my first post but I am reading this forum since a couple of months now and thank you all for contributing to this amazing resource.

I am still a beginner, having discovered the KB world through a one day Strongfirst KB course here in France this year. I am progressing slowly towards 24kg bells in S&S and just doing the warmup has increased my overall mobility that had been greatly reduced by various desk jobs.

Still, I think I could do more in terms of mobility / flexibility exercises. Maybe a "program" I could use daily without too much thinking and with clear explanations (videos would be awesome). I am curious about the Flexible Steel dvd mentioned above. Could someone give us some more details, the website being rather elusive on the "format" (how many programs, how long are they, is there a "programming" of sorts etc.). Also any user feedback would be useful!

Anyway, I could just pull the trigger and see the content (as it is rather inexpensive) but the thing is, I'm hesitating with another mobility resource, "mobility secrets" from Hector Gutierrez Jr (Mobility Secrets™). I've seen his name quite a couple of times here so I figured it was good quality but, once again, hard to tell from the description alone... So if someone could share some "insights" on it I would be very grateful!

Also, I have duly noted the book from Kelly Starrett (Desk Bound) for which the samples on Amazon seem promising. If someone has other ideas as well, don't hesitate to share.

Thanks a lot for your advices.

Hello everybody,
This is my first post but I am reading this forum since a couple of months now and thank you all for contributing to this amazing resource.

I am still a beginner, having discovered the KB world through a one day Strongfirst KB course here in France this year. I am progressing slowly towards 24kg bells in S&S and just doing the warmup has increased my overall mobility that had been greatly reduced by various desk jobs.

Still, I think I could do more in terms of mobility / flexibility exercises. Maybe a "program" I could use daily without too much thinking and with clear explanations (videos would be awesome). I am curious about the Flexible Steel dvd mentioned above. Could someone give us some more details, the website being rather elusive on the "format" (how many programs, how long are they, is there a "programming" of sorts etc.). Also any user feedback would be useful!

Anyway, I could just pull the trigger and see the content (as it is rather inexpensive) but the thing is, I'm hesitating with another mobility resource, "mobility secrets" from Hector Gutierrez Jr (Mobility Secrets™). I've seen his name quite a couple of times here so I figured it was good quality but, once again, hard to tell from the description alone... So if someone could share some "insights" on it I would be very grateful!

Also, I have duly noted the book from Kelly Starrett (Desk Bound) for which the samples on Amazon seem promising. If someone has other ideas as well, don't hesitate to share.

Thanks a lot for your advices.
If you want a simple program, covering all the bases that is not too taxing, I would recommend the Flexible Steel routines.
Try this one for four weeks The 4 Weeks to Flexible Steel Program – Flexible Steel
4-knots.jpg

Good Morning Stretch (soft knees, you could bend them)

Lunge stretch

Prying Goblet Squat:

KB Pullover

Tactical Frog:

Arm Bar:
Kettlebell Shoulder Mobility

If you like it, consider this resource which sounds good:
Flexible Steel Fundamentals Download and Burn

A lot of this in a little different routine:
Flexible Steel Mobility and Flexibility Complex

The whole channel is a gold mine: Hardstyle Kettlebell Pro

If you have a special "problem area" I would recommed to get Relax into Stretch to target that special issue.

Since Kelly Starretts book 'Deskbound' was mentioned here I can recommend his new launche platform 'The Ready State'. For a monthly subscription (~10$, first 14 days are free) you get access to the Virtual Mobility Coach. It provides guided mobility videos for different occasions (pre/post workout, pain, general maintenance) sorted by sport, specific movement and archetype.
There a lot of good sources (as mentioned here) but I found this suited me very well because I need more guidance in my mobility training.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom