all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed Mobility Routine as Kids Story

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Mawen

Level 2 Valued Member
Hello everybody,
I’ve been following this forum for awhile, but this is my first post.

I’m a teacher, teaching English as a second language. My students are everywhere from 4 to 16 years old. This thread shall be for the little ones, 4-8.

Whenever I feel like the kids are super tired, either in the morning, or after a long day at school, I make them do a mobility routine with me.
I use this routine and then come up with a nice and funny story to make it interesting and maybe even teach them a world or two. The kids absolutely love it and it’s obvious how much better they feel afterwards.

I usually just wing it, but I wouldn’t mind telling a more thought through story. This could potentially also help some parents here.

Let’s all be creative and share some ideas :)

tl;dr: let’s create funny stories for kids, which can be told to do mobility routines.

Welcome to the StrongFirst Forums @Teacher Fish!

Great idea!

I'll try and get this ball rolling:

When giants wake up, they get out of their giant beds very slowly because their giant bodies are very wobbly. If they fall, they will break their giant houses and cause giant earthquakes that break lots of little houses. Giants have to wobble outside and then stand still in the middle of their giant gardens.

First the giant looks up to the blue sky above. Then the giant looks down at the green grass below. Giants do this once, then twice, then three times. Next the giant faces north. It turns its giant head right to see the sun rising in the east. Then it turns its giant head left to see the mountains in the west. Giants do this once, then twice, then three times...

Reckon you might be able to get the kids up to twelve to follow along; as for the teenagers, only they know.

Last edited:
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom