all posts post new thread

Bodyweight Mobility Routine suggestions

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
George Bernard Shaw:

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

G.K. Chesterton:
“It might reasonably be maintained that the true object of all human life is play. Earth is a task garden; heaven is a playground.”

Certainly in that task garden today, sorting out some dull banking issues!! Looking forward to a little feldenkrais playtime later on though!

Benedictine Monk - your situation is unique and as a child that skipped crawling "rebooting" that developmental step can be very important.

GFM has a lot of play built in to it's system and is a good thing to explore

@Steve W. - THATS THE ANSWER I WAS LOOKING FOR!!!!!

Some thought I was looking to start a fight with the question instead of actually asking it for the betterment of the forum. I wish EVERYONE regardless of OS, SF, FMS, RKC whatever system they practice reads your answer.

You actually took information you were taught and applied it into what you do. Then you read my question and you gave me a logical answer as to why YOU would regress crawling.

My point is this - whatever you do have a reason why you do it. If you can't answer a simple question about why you do something that is a problem. If the best answer you have us "bc someone said so" please don't share that information until you understand it better.

@Steve W. - you just made my day.

Because if you were a child like me you went from rolling on the floor to walking, skipped crawling and walked around with a dysfunctional core activation/firing sequence your entire adult life.
That's interesting - I was the same way, I never crawled.

There are a whole lotta ways to find your core - I did it by deadlifting. Perhaps not the simplest, or easiest, or most user-friendly way, but it worked just fine. :) Deadlifting and one-armed overhead pressing.

-S-

Benedictine Monk - your situation is unique and as a child that skipped crawling "rebooting" that developmental step can be very important.

GFM has a lot of play built in to it's system and is a good thing to explore

If my theory works out with the SFMA PT I'm working with I may author a pseudonymous article called "From Spaz to Spetsnaz"

I'll offer a small update on my progress.

I've been doing a bit of everything, really focusing on my hamstrings. I've been rolling on my Supernova two minutes per leg as called for in Supple Leopard; doing various versions of "banded distractions," like this, also called for in Supple Leo; and just started doing a hamstring stretch called an "ASLR active leg raise" Lauren Brooks suggested in a Skype session. This is has been the most effective stretch so far. Before my workouts I've been doing neck nods and rocking from Original Strength as part of my warmup. Tim suggested I focus on rocking, although I saw my reflection when I was doing them doing them the other night, and it looked like I was getting a little friendly with the ground. The criminal defense intern in my had some concerns about lewd conduct in public ;)

Slowly but surely. This morning I tested after doing the entire OS Daily Reset, and I was able to sit up straighter with a neutral spine and straight legs than I've been able to in a while. No margin for that actual forward lean yet, but we're getting there.

I'll offer a small update on my progress.

I've been doing a bit of everything, really focusing on my hamstrings. I've been rolling on my Supernova two minutes per leg as called for in Supple Leopard; doing various versions of "banded distractions," like this, also called for in Supple Leo; and just started doing a hamstring stretch called an "ASLR active leg raise" Lauren Brooks suggested in a Skype session. This is has been the most effective stretch so far. Before my workouts I've been doing neck nods and rocking from Original Strength as part of my warmup. Tim suggested I focus on rocking, although I saw my reflection when I was doing them doing them the other night, and it looked like I was getting a little friendly with the ground. The criminal defense intern in my had some concerns about lewd conduct in public ;)

Slowly but surely. This morning I tested after doing the entire OS Daily Reset, and I was able to sit up straighter with a neutral spine and straight legs than I've been able to in a while. No margin for that actual forward lean yet, but we're getting there.

I've been wondering if I should invest in a Supernova and it sounds like maybe its time.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom