all posts post new thread

Off-Topic Moobs

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Oskarand

Level 4 Valued Member
When I was a teenager I developed moobs. I believe it comes from my breakfast that consisted of Prosobee and corn flakes for 15 years. I am lactose intolerant so my mum gave me a prosobee formula which is soy based... lots of estrogen apparently.

I am now 40 and want to finally get rid of this. I am a bit overweight but not too much.

For a year I a been doing IF diet and now on the S&S protocol about 3 times a week + a bit of walking and other sports. With this, I have lost most of my belly but my moobs are still there.

Anyone with experience of this? Just keep going the same way? Any other advice?

As you pointed out, this is less an issue of body fat and more an issue of hormonal testosteron:estrogen balance.
There are a few pharmaceutical options, but that sort of thing is best discussed in a doctor's office.
Generally speaking, if someone want's to improve their relative testosterone function, the things that come to mind are:
More sleep, protein, saturated fat, and heavy lifting.
Less stress, sugar (and processed junk in general), alcohol, soy (probably), and body fat (fat tissue converts test into est).
There might be a more comprehensive list out there somewhere, but that's what I can think of for now.

You might already be doing the best you can in some areas, but usually there's room to improve somewhere. I don't know what your macros look like, but unless you're already doing high protein, high fat, low carb, it might be worth adding a little more protein and fat, and taking out some of the sugary stuff. No need to go crazy, but if you're body needs it, just adding 3 or 4 eggs per day might help quite a bit.
Booze and sugar are total test killers. Booze more than sugar, but people tend to eat more sugar (and other processed carbs) than booze, so it ends up being the thing that makes the biggest impact.
Don't underestimate the power of sleep. In my mind, too much sugar and not enough sleep are the main culprits, by far, of the depressed testosterone levels we see in the developed world. That's not as sexy as blaming GMO food and pesticides (which could certainly play a part), but that's the truth, in my opinion.
Exercise seems to be more binary. You get a bump in testosterone when you start strength training, but more training doesn't necessarily mean more test. You can potentially start having issues with recovery, which becomes an issue in and of itself. I would work on the other stuff before making training adjustments.

Thanks Snowman! Really appreciate your thoughts. I am doing ok on these areas but there is definitely room to improve with the diet!

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom