all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed More hydrated after high effort?

• Thread starter Deleted member 5559
  • Start date
Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Deleted member 5559

I've noticed that I have to pee more after a very high effort. I am wondering if this is an effect of providing oxygen to the hydrogen after being stripped from the lactate, something else, or I'm nuts?

I've noticed that I have to pee more after a very high effort. I am wondering if this is an effect of providing oxygen to the hydrogen after being stripped from the lactate, something else, or I'm nuts?

As in individual high 1rm type effort or longer duration high intensity?

Normally once I start a session I don't ever need a bathroom break, though I might have to blow my nose a few times. I chalk that up to old-man sinuses and changing levels, bending over etc.

More waste products to get rid of. Adh , anti-diuretic hormone, is activated to reduce kidney flow and to conserve water. Post exercise, the flood gates are opened so to speak.
Depends on intensity....the higher it is, and the longer it is, the greater stress response, thus greater Adh, more water conservation.
Yes, cellular water waste and metabolites will be added, wherever they occur.
Although you may pee more, unless you took on some water, there is a net water loss overall.
Getting rid of that urine and waste is a sign that your kidneys are functioning well. You don't want waste products building up too much, nor do you want your kidneys offline too long......the extreme end to all that is..... rhabdo.
Better out than in!

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom