all posts post new thread

Nutrition Morning training with or without breakfast

Elbront56

Level 1 Valued Member
Hello,

I think that I really need to workout in the morning for several reasons, boost my mood and level of attention / eternal sadness just to start with...
My daily diet is listed here: https://www.strongfirst.com/communi...ities-for-young-healthy-man.22828/post-434888 .

So far, I didn't succeed, but mostly, I'm concerned about the breakfast.
I start working at 9 AM .
If I have breakfast, I can't train because my stomach is full, I mean, full! It will result in strong stomach ache, which I experienced once and I'm not going back there :D .

If skip breakfast and go straight to do a workout, well, I can assume that I won't have enough energy, my workout would start after 9-11h of previous dinner.

So, if I wake up at 7, in the best case scenario I can only train, I don't have time for breakfast, unless I wake up at 4, have breakfast that ends at 4:30, then train at 8, shower and start working.
In any case, 3h and half may not be enough for digestion, but at least I won't have all in my stomach...

It seems that the breakfast is a serious problem, so, any suggestion for working out in the morning without it?

I do calisthenics mainly, but I may also do some specific training for the core, which doesn't last much to be honest, like 30 minutes...
Heavy training is when I do resistance, which lasts 1:30 and it's quite demanding on my body.
The rest, like explosive force (efforts for a short time), and mass building (1h), they are both not so much demanding.
I can't even think of doing something like Boxe/sparring, which could fully drain my energies, not even a shot of sugar could give me what I need :D , but I appreciate any suggestion...

I wake up at 0300. Do my morning routine, than train. Skip breakfast. Around 1000 I do my second training, then it's time to eat. Fasting period 18h. I have empty stomach in the morning, have lot of energy, and great mood.
Experiment, try this or that. You will figure it out.

90% of the time I train before eating, I’m at the gym at 4am. I eat after that and I don’t notice a difference at all.

If skip breakfast and go straight to do a workout, well, I can assume that I won't have enough energy, my workout would start after 9-11h of previous dinner.
I’d try it and see. I don’t eat before my lifting sessions and it doesn’t seem to detract from it. I’ll hit the numbers just as easy as when I eat.

But it seems to be pretty personal between people. So try and see.

I do mainly heavy powerlifting and strongman work followed by conditioning.

Thanks everyone.

I'll try again, but for the few times I tried, I had those kind of hunger attacks, quite painful in my stomach... Honestly, they happen whenever I don't eat at the correct time, and it pulls down all my will to train, maybe it's just that rather than not feeling energies...
Anyway, with the supplements I'm taking, it should be better in a couple of weeks, let's see...

90% of the time I train before eating, I’m at the gym at 4am. I eat after that and I don’t notice a difference at all.

I’d try it and see. I don’t eat before my lifting sessions and it doesn’t seem to detract from it. I’ll hit the numbers just as easy as when I eat.

But it seems to be pretty personal between people. So try and see.

I do mainly heavy powerlifting and strongman work followed by conditioning.

Are you both talking about heavy trainings or for some specific goal (which is not heavy)?

Typically I almost always train in a fasted state. Example(s)
Yesterday: Awake at 0345 | Tai-Chi / Jodo / Walk / 90min rock climbing / S&S (24kg) | First food 1200
Today: awake at 0345 | Tai-Chi / Jodo / Walk / Hard ride 40km / Mobility / Mace | First food 1200

never a problem… just train for it…

Are you both talking about heavy trainings or for some specific goal (which is not heavy)?
I’m definitely not the strongest guy in the gym lol. Currently doing KB strong with 2x24kg.

When I was doing 5/3/1, I did the same, no food. I did try protein shakes with dextrose for a while. I got stronger but fatter and felt rubbish trying to lift with a full stomach

Typically I almost always train in a fasted state. Example(s)
Yesterday: Awake at 0345 | Tai-Chi / Jodo / Walk / 90min rock climbing / S&S (24kg) | First food 1200
Today: awake at 0345 | Tai-Chi / Jodo / Walk / Hard ride 40km / Mobility / Mace | First food 1200

never a problem… just train for it…
Question, if you eat at mid day for the first time, how many times you eat a day?

I'm also curious to know if you do all these trainings one by one as you said, is it not quite extreme? Especially in fasted state...

Question, if you eat at mid day for the first time, how many times you eat a day?

I'm also curious to know if you do all these trainings one by one as you said, is it not quite extreme? Especially in fasted state...
Twice… more or less

Those examples I gave usually have a bit of time between sessions. Wouldn’t really need to however. Not really that extreme at all.

You might be surprised at what you can train yourself to do in a fasted state…

Twice… more or less

Those examples I gave usually have a bit of time between sessions. Wouldn’t really need to however. Not really that extreme at all.

You might be surprised at what you can train yourself to do in a fasted state…
What is for you the fasted state?
How many hours?

In any case I couldn't do such routine, without killing my entire free time :D

So you must not take attention to what you eat, I mean, suppose you need 2000 Kcal a day just to move your body for simple tasks, how can you take enough with only 2 meals? Do you have an endless stomach? I had it, but then it caused problems due to that specifically :D .
It's not wise to eat 1Kg of stuff per meal...

How do you make sure you take what you need with only 2 meals?
I've seen weird things online, like people that only "breath" and don't eat for ages (like 3-6 months), I can't believe it, but I also struggle to believe that your method is healthy...
Moreover, in a normal body, such level of energy would be transformed in fat at some point, 16h looks enough...

16hrs more or less, but I really don’t pay that much attention to it…
Hi, I would still be interested to know how it works for you, I asked questions on the message above.

Anyway, I did follow your suggestions guys, this is what happened:
1. It's possible to do a normal training (I didn't force too much and not super aerobic trainings like boxe) as soon as I wake up without breakfast, I just drink enough water
2. I feel much more energies through out the day.
3. Mainly, I feel strong energy during the morning and extremely good mood, positive attitude, a lot of good things...

I still eat 3 times a day, but I wonder if I can improve that too.
My "fast" is 12-14h, depending on the day, every meal is every 3-4h, the science says that the previous digestion should be still running...

Anyway, after all the problems I had, the majority of issues were fixed with a strong multi vitamin and multi mineral, plus some other things, all natural though: Suggestions on multivitamins quantities for young healthy man

The fact that I can train during morning without even breakfast is a big plus, I wish I knew that before...

Back
Top Bottom