all posts post new thread

Barbell Morning weight Training

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
? Not sure about being bad a#@ but appreciate the compliment. Forgot to mention in first post but I’ve done S&S, ETK, SSLP from Mark Rippetoe, and some Barbell medicine programs at 4am, all without issue. Whenever I don’t fell like training I just ask myself “what are you gonna do not train?”

? Not sure about being bad a#@ but appreciate the compliment. Forgot to mention in first post but I’ve done S&S, ETK, SSLP from Mark Rippetoe, and some Barbell medicine programs at 4am, all without issue. Whenever I don’t fell like training I just ask myself “what are you gonna do not train?”

Its like me ...
Good point thanks

Did you do SSLP by yourself (alone)?

Hi everybody

I really wonder if there is anyone here who trains with weight in the early morning?

my main point is that as I am a member of the army and in addition the owner of the family farm I have my hands full during the day and in the evening I no longer feel the focus on hard strength training but on the other hand I read many articles about how early training is bad because the CNS needs 4-5 hours before starting in the morning...

My current regime IS train 3-5x times a week with weight (Squats,Presses,Deadlifths,Pull ups) something like EAsy Strenght or Starting Strenght from Mark Rippetoe and 2x times a week Strong Endurance Swings or snatches with heawier Bell 40kg+

I need gain Strenght and Also weight for my current position in Team.

Thanks appreciate
Best

Patrick
I usually train first thing in the morning. I turn on my coffee maker and then take a hot shower, it helps to loosen me up. I grab my coffee and start moving through my mobility work which is my physical therapy routine for a few joint issues. From there I hit my ab roller for a few rounds of around 3 x 10 with 3 x 10 squats of whatever I feel like variation. By now my body is awake and I can start my warm ups and then main sets. This routine has never failed me. When I was running Vodka and Pickles a few years back my body was good to go for a single at 450-500 every minute on the minute for 12 minutes and easily follow up with squats or swings or snatches.

I love morning training! I get it done first thing so I can focus on other aspects of my life without worry how I'm going to fit in swings or whatever.

I usually train first thing in the morning. I turn on my coffee maker and then take a hot shower, it helps to loosen me up. I grab my coffee and start moving through my mobility work which is my physical therapy routine for a few joint issues. From there I hit my ab roller for a few rounds of around 3 x 10 with 3 x 10 squats of whatever I feel like variation. By now my body is awake and I can start my warm ups and then main sets. This routine has never failed me. When I was running Vodka and Pickles a few years back my body was good to go for a single at 450-500 every minute on the minute for 12 minutes and easily follow up with squats or swings or snatches.

I love morning training! I get it done first thing so I can focus on other aspects of my life without worry how I'm going to fit in swings or whatever.

Yeah I fell so...

Its like me
Thats Idea train in the morning and than feel good feel Strong

I Really wonder if there someone who serve in military/law enforcement or special unit and know How structure a weekly regiment

My response
Yeah I fell so...

Its like me
Thats Idea train in the morning and than feel good feel Strong

I Really wonder if there someone who serve in military/law enforcement or special unit and know How structure a weekly regiment
includes my time in the Navy. I would run a basic 3 x 5, usually Strong Lifts or Starting Strength for two months followed by two months of the Texas Method. I finished each session with a quick (5-10 minute) METCON, usually 50-100 burpees. Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday were reserved for rucking, LED running or walking for 1.5-2 hours. Sunday was just rest and meal prep.

My response

includes my time in the Navy. I would run a basic 3 x 5, usually Strong Lifts or Starting Strength for two months followed by two months of the Texas Method. I finished each session with a quick (5-10 minute) METCON, usually 50-100 burpees. Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday were reserved for rucking, LED running or walking for 1.5-2 hours. Sunday was just rest and meal prep.

Hmm its look solid Thanks
Appreciate

I like morning weight training, based on some studies there is high testosterone level in the morning. I push myself in lifting weight to utilize that testosterone in building muscles. Weight training in the morning also helps in improving the sleep and keeping you focused in the work for the whole day.
Definitely agree on the focus, if only because I’m not waiting/looking forward to training all day and preoccupied with it.
I read about the testosterone too. Same goes with cortisol being higher so some people say it’s better to hit it in the am so it’s raised at the same time from the training. I just seem to struggle with the swings in the AM. The TGU or press or pull-up are fine.

Hi everybody

I really wonder if there is anyone here who trains with weight in the early morning?

my main point is that as I am a member of the army and in addition the owner of the family farm I have my hands full during the day and in the evening I no longer feel the focus on hard strength training but on the other hand I read many articles about how early training is bad because the CNS needs 4-5 hours before starting in the morning...

My current regime IS train 3-5x times a week with weight (Squats,Presses,Deadlifths,Pull ups) something like EAsy Strenght or Starting Strenght from Mark Rippetoe and 2x times a week Strong Endurance Swings or snatches with heawier Bell 40kg+

I need gain Strenght and Also weight for my current position in Team.

Thanks appreciate
Best

Patrick
A vast majority of my routines are completed before dawn. I've just started a strength program and do lifts in a gym somewhere around midday, but if I have the bars and all the stuff from the gym in my home, I would definitely be doing Deadlifts and Squats early morning.

3-8 hours for the CNS to wake/warm up? That must have really sucked for our ancestors to schedule the saber toothed tiger attacks around that . . .
I remember reading somewhere that the part of the brain for "fight, flight or freeze" is ancient and well-programmed, that's why it costs less energy and can be active even when we are sleeping.
Personally I believe training in the morning would be fine. Some pro plw in my country recommends take more time to warm up and brace yourself correctly during big lift.
Modify the weight and the volume at the begin could be the key.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom