all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed Most Important Reading / Research Materials

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

TravyTrav

First Post
Hey everyone! I hope you guys are all ready to get after a solid new year of training...

Like a lot of folks, I was introduced to Pavel through the Rogan Podcast. Awesome stuff.

I was pretty fascinated by the research that he cited by various Russian strength trainers, which ushered in the "Russian Era" of strength athletes, as opposed to the old school "American" method.

It seemed to me like the simplest suggestion made for strength gains would to be 5 sets of 6... using whatever weight that you'd use for a ten rep max. This was the American method...

I'm just wondering if you guys know of whatever literature Pavel might have been reading to obtain this knowledge, as I would love to also read it.

Additionally, is there a 'recommended reading' section, or thread anywhere... so that I could possibly ingest whatever Pavel believes to be are his best sources of information? I would love to get my hands on something like that.

Good to be here, and hopefully I can learn a lot from you folks!

Read Pavel's works, and track down his references. Imagine a lot of his sources may not have been translated into English.

Start with Power to the People. That's what opened my eyes to the world beyond globe gym style bodybuilding. Easy Strength and Beyond Bodybuilding have lots of good stuff, but are a bit disorganized.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom