all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed Motivating Quotes

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Deleted member 5559

Remember the Titans was on TV today. Great movie with some great quotes. This one in particular stuck out today.

"I run 6 plays, split veer. It's like novacaine. Just give it time, always works." -Coach Boone

Good advice. I could probably rotate 6 of my favorite training sessions to get into some of the best shape of my life too.

Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!”

Seen variants of this attributed to lots of different people... I got it from a poster in my old high school weight room, and it stuck with me.

When you are not training, somewhere someone else is, and when you meet, he will win.

Motivating for some personality types (e.g. meatheads like myself)... but I can also see where it's very demotivating to others. It works on me, but I try not to use it as a coach.

Not sure where I got it, but , "Being scared doesn't keep you from dying, it just keeps you from living."

"If you're going through hell, keep going." (Winston Churchill)

"Before enlightenment: Chop wood and carry water. After enlightenment: Chop wood and carry water." (Zen proverb)

"Think of your breed: You were not made for brutish ignorance, but to pursue knowledge and excellence." (Dante)

"Don't ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive and go do it. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive." (Howard Thurman)

"It might reasonably be maintained that the true object of all human life is play. Earth is a task garden; heaven is a playground. " (GK Chesterton)

You're not old until you start using age as an excuse.

Don't know where I got that. I tossed it out in the checkout line in a grocery store in Moab. Everybody stopped, and I worried I'd offended someone. Then, everybody nodded, "I like that." Whew.

"You risk nothing, you have nothing." - Judd Biosiotto

I just listened to his podcast episode with Craig Marker again yesterday.

Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!”
Let's start making some hurtin bombs

Paul Roos, AFL Premiership Coach, was renowned for his "no dick heads" policy. It didn't matter how talented a footballer you were, it didn't matter the attitude of the sponsors, media or fans, if you were a "dick head" there was no place for you in his club. It's not a quote but I've always remembered it

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom