all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed Mountain Strong

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Bier et steakfrites is a great option.

On another note I’ve been thinking of A&A plus a short Iron Cardio session as a way to address multiple fitness needs or maintain strength/power if I’m focusing on mostly endurance of late.

Addendum: This came from looking through my old programming from the past year. Lots of slow barbell grinds. Now gotta work on power via A+A or Q+D starting in October to see how that goes.

Last edited:
IMG_7900.jpegIMG_7901.jpeg

A very interesting account from a former East German Judoka and a training camp which included a mountain bike ride thru the Austrian Alps. Reminded me of how I’ve thought of Mountain Strong and Combat Sport Strong in past events.

Given Mountain Athlete was one of my earliest inspirations for S&C this jumped out at me fifteen years later.

Last edited:
Took my take on MTI’s Aerobic Base test (linked) where I ran for an hour and recorded distance covered whilst staying at Zone 2 heart rate (for me under 159 BPM).

I elected to use the Zone 2 metric versus MTI’s Maffetone method as I’ve been using Zone 2 governed training for most of the last year or so.

I wound up covering 4.3 miles/6.92 kilometers with an average HR of 137 BPM and a maximum HR of 155 BPM.

I intend to repeat the test every three months to gauge progress.

I would like to share my latest experience.

I've been inconsistently rotating between Q&D, KBSF C&J, plan 060, also I did some barbell work and some bodyweight work. Occasionally í did some step up protocols. And lot of walking with stroller.
Last week I went on my first mountain Search&Rescue training in Krkonoše mountains. We spend three days in mountains working hard.

Without any specific preparation I didn’t find any strength or endurance weakness. As a new guy, I carried more stuff(beers for others) to our hut, where we slept. I was lacking experiences with backpack setting, movement efficiency in deep snow etc. But my strength and endurance kept me fresh enough to keep up with more experienced guys and focused on all those drills and knowledge to learn. It proved me that SF can deliver great results and strength have a greater purpose.

0ae03b81-3dbc-4a1b-92ad-5c63238153f6.jpg

Dude, that’s awesome.

I’m likely gonna install a hangboard in my house in the near future for some finger and hand strength work for my jiujitsu/judo work.

Where I live there's a 65' high bridge with about a 5-degree slope. I'm thinking of adding purely aerobic hill (sub zone 2 threshold) repeats using running up and walking down the 'hill' as a way to train. Going uphill is about 400m (1312 feet) for one uphill.

Back
Top Bottom